Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

1 minute ago, Doublezero said:

I suppose but it seems like with the numbers being tossed around they might have kept Sukh Chung for a similar amount.

I asked TBurg the same question.... How much would you have overpaid Chungh to keep him. 

If he said, he needed BC $ plus $10k? $20k? $30k? 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

He had three fumbles last year, which ain't good, but, prior to that, he only had a couple for his whole career. I think he has 5 in his career? 

He also had several mishandled catches that popped into the hands of waiting DBs. Inexcusable when you consider the balls are coming from Nichols who doesn't exactly throw rockets.

Edited by Doublezero

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

I asked TBurg the same question.... How much would you have overpaid Chungh to keep him. 

If he said, he needed BC $ plus $10k? $20k? $30k? 

It's a specific question without a specific answer because neither of us know what the two offers were. We don't know if BC offered more or less than we did although I assume it was more. We don't know how much was up front. We don't even know if money was the deciding factor. I'm on record as saying I'd have 'overpaid' a young NI all star to keep him and I stick by that assessment.

As for Demski... I'm happy we don't have to replace another NI starter but I hope we didn't give him much of a salary bump as he was already being over paid for his contributions IMO.

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

It's a specific question without a specific answer because neither of us know what the two offers were. We don't know if BC offered more or less than we did although I assume it was more. We don't know how much was up front. We don't even know if money was the deciding factor. I'm on record as saying I'd have 'overpaid' a young NI all star to keep him and I stick by that assessment.

As for Demski... I'm happy we don't have to replace another NI starter but I hope we didn't give him much of a salary bump as he was already being over paid for his contributions IMO.

Really, speculation on a forum?? Good god, call the police. 

I'm asking you - if Chungh said, I'll stay but only if you match the BC offer and add $10k? $20k? $30k? At what point are you out. 

Let's say BC offered $200k. 

Go...

30 minutes ago, JCon said:

Really, speculation on a forum?? Good god, call the police. 

I'm asking you - if Chungh said, I'll stay but only if you match the BC offer and add $10k? $20k? $30k? At what point are you out. 

Let's say BC offered $200k. 

Go...

The twitter report I saw said the Bombers offered $200K and BC was going to offer upwards of $250K. EDIT: At least Chungh's camp was asking for $250K, and since he signed with BC, although I don't have definitive proof, I'm guessing they came close to his asking price if he signed that quickly.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever