Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

BLM and Harris are considered among the best though. And, Reilly is a champ. Got to get past all of them. 

To me Harris is not at the same level as the other two.  He had probably the best offence around him in the league. Star studded receiving core and top notch receivers. Despite this he struggled mightely at times and even got yanked.   What won Calgary the cup was their defense against Winnipeg and Ottawa.  You still need a competent offense but i think winnipeg can have that with the qb's they have under contract if they add the right pieces around them.

Edited by Colin Unger

Just now, Colin Unger said:

To me Harris is not at the same level as the other two.  He had probably the best offence around him in the league. Star studded receiving core and top notch receivers. Despite this he struggled mightely at times and even got yanked.   What won Calgary the cup was their defense against Winnipeg and Ottawa.  You still need a component offense but i think winnipeg can have that with the qb's they have under contract if they add the right pieces around them.

I agree wholeheartedly. Geez, Riders proved you don't need an offense to put up wins in this league. Although, their defense was exposed when it counted. 

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Saw a tweet saying he wont be back in Priderville but things can change I suppose

There was a tweet about an hour ago stating it was down to BC or Winnipeg.  Im hoping he comes here obviously.  As things stand right now he'd face a lot more double teams playing in BC.  Him and a bunch of rookies on D :)

15 hours ago, Floyd said:

Yeah, he only hit 1100 yards... who wants that garbage on your team...

1100 is not THAT impressive.  Certainly not for $225,000.  His yardage was down over 300 yards from the previous year and his yards per catch dropped nearly 4 yards.  Of course, that doesn't matter now, as he signed with another team.

7 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I guess Walters & Co. wont do any signings today.

YAWN!

Walters is waiting in the weeds.....wants to see what's left after all the smoke has cleared.....playing the waiting game....waiting for the other shoe to drop.....waiting ....waiting......oooooops.....too late

It'll be interesting to see Manase Foketi get his chance,   all I read over the last 2 seasons was that if he played for any other team he would be a starter.     

I'd be happy if they sign a proven receiver like Posey and maybe a Jefferson or someone else that can be an all star level player.

55 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Sounds like Montreal out on Jefferson. Down to us and B.C.

It's gonna be Winnipeg, I'm almost sure of it.

Always makes me laugh at this time of year when everyone on social media becomes a salary cap expert. No signings yet? Whine about it. Dollar amount? Too much. Nobody who knows what they're doing knows and everyone who knows nothing knows everything.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

It's gonna be Winnipeg, I'm almost sure of it.

Always makes me laugh at this time of year when everyone on social media becomes a salary cap expert. No signings yet? Whine about it. Dollar amount? Too much. Nobody who knows what they're doing knows and everyone who knows nothing knows everything.

Did not realize DE was such a priority need for Bombers.

Just now, Doublezero said:

Did not realize DE was such a priority need for Bombers.

Isn't the point of free agency to make your team better any way you can? We lost Okpalaugo and his heavy money deal, so why not replace him with an elite pass rusher? Jefferson is legitimately one of the top 2 or 3 most disruptive defensive players in the league and we already employ one of the other ones. I'd love to add him.

Just now, Mike said:

Isn't the point of free agency to make your team better any way you can? We lost Okpalaugo and his heavy money deal, so why not replace him with an elite pass rusher? Jefferson is legitimately one of the top 2 or 3 most disruptive defensive players in the league and we already employ one of the other ones. I'd love to add him.

I suppose but it seems like with the numbers being tossed around they might have kept Sukh Chung for a similar amount.