Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Can't force anyone to sign... 

$225k for Ellingson for three years would make Chungh's departure less traumatic

You sure like to spend money Floyd, $225k for Ellingson is a losing proposition for all concerned, not likely he can put up numbers to justify that salary with Nichols looking his way, big regrets all-round and blood-thirsty fans will be baying for his beheading to celebrate next Christmas morning.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Ellingson is a big upgrade over Dressler. Would I prefer Walker, sure but I like the idea of him in Blue and Gold. Adams-Ellingson-Wolitarsky is a nice 1-2-3

If the Bombers grab Walker- that would open things WIDE open for Adams and make our offense crazy good. Adams is a good receiver but not a legit #1. Behind a legit #1 I think Adams will be much more effective. 

51 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

You sure like to spend money Floyd, $225k for Ellingson is a losing proposition for all concerned, not likely he can put up numbers to justify that salary with Nichols looking his way, big regrets all-round and blood-thirsty fans will be baying for his beheading to celebrate next Christmas morning.

Not sure what you think the price is for talent now...  if we're looking for an elite REC in free agency - $150-180k isn't going to cut it...

We're talking about Walker who's 'almost' another Bowman-type signing...  Nichols is not Mike Reilly...  

But Elizondo is pretty close to Lapo...  Ellingson would thrive in Blue and Gold

Losing 4 Canadian starters will be devastating.  Expecting Gray and Couture to step in and provide a seamless transition to the league's former best O-line is not realistic.  We will have lost a significant amount of national depth with the departure of Chungh on top of Loffler, Goosen, Corney and Demski.  

I will be disappointed if we lose Chungh and Walters is incapable of bringing in any decent national players as starters to compensate.

$225 for Ellingson is ridiculous given his season last year.  Not sure he is the guy I would want here as a number 1.  Walker would be far more attractive.  Then again, given our Qb it might not matter.

10 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Losing 4 Canadian starters will be devastating.  Expecting Gray and Couture to step in and provide a seamless transition to the league's former best O-line is not realistic.  We will have lost a significant amount of national depth with the departure of Chungh on top of Loffler, Goosen, Corney and Demski.  

I will be disappointed if we lose Chungh and Walters is incapable of bringing in any decent national players as starters to compensate.

$225 for Ellingson is ridiculous given his season last year.  Not sure he is the guy I would want here as a number 1.  Walker would be far more attractive.  Then again, given our Qb it might not matter.

Yeah, he only hit 1100 yards... who wants that garbage on your team...