Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

34 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I got a feeling that regardless how much the Bombers offer Chungh, he will still bolt to BC. 

I wouldn't say that..if still negotiating to sign here lends one to think otherwise.

And no..its not to drive up BC's offer...also BC has blown a fair wad already..and still have a pile to throw at Reilly..

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

I wouldn't say that..if still negotiating to sign here lends one to think otherwise.

And no..its not to drive up BC's offer...also BC has blown a fair wad already..and still have a pile to throw at Reilly..

I agree it doesn't make sense unless he gets more coin in BC. Which if they are throwing 700k at Reilly where does that coin come from?

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Look at the rest of their OL.  They have money.

But 700k to Reilly accounts for almost 3 to 4 larger salaries above what a 400k qb gets...200k to Burnham..215 to Soli..that's 1.1 million right there plus I sure hunter steward wasnt cheap..no way they can afford chungh and lokombo 

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

If Chungh gets less than 200k to split to BC thats a big time fail on Walters imo. The best Cdn interior lineman in the league at his age...guy has to be paid...until the league stops making CDN talent special its the price you gotta pay imo.

Yup, too bad Walters can't force players to sign here. 

I imagine Walters has a number in mind for his LB crew and having Bighill took too much to triple JSK salary. 

Ill say this though, when you’re a successful team you have pay your players - in order to that you need to find great players on entry level deals. JSK was a prime example of that. We got a couple great years for cheap. Now we gotta go find another.