Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

Just now, AKAChip said:

He just won MODP in his age 30 season. Anyone hoping for him to live up to that at ages 31, 32 and 33 are going to be sorely disappointed.

You have some pretty unpopular opinions. Bighill is at worst the second best MLB in the league. Unless he blows out his ACL that isn't going to change overnight

Edited by Dr Zaius

2 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

You have some pretty unpopular opinions. Bighill is at worst the second best MLB in the league. Unless he blows out his ACL that isn't going to change overnight

And I’m not suggesting it will change overnight but great players become good players or worse over offseasons in their 30s. Don’t act like this is so ridiculous. 

31 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Maybe someone tell Andrew Harris this

Tomorrow will mark the third anniversary of Harris's signing with the Bombers. I recall that when we signed him there were people on Riderfans saying that he's going to be 30 soon and running backs usually fall off a cliff once they hit 30. Ha:

CFL Most Outstanding Canadian Player: 2017
Dr. Beattie Martin Trophy (Most Outstanding -Canadian Player, West Division): 2017, 2018

CFL All-Star: 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
West Division All-Star: 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Bombers Most Outstanding Canadian: 2016, 2017, 2018
B.C. Lions Most Outstanding Canadian: 2012, 2013
Eddie James Memorial Trophy (West Division leading rusher): 2017, 2018

The last 3 years have been the best of his career.

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Good PR with Matt Nichols going to Brandon https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/01/25/matt-nichols-visits-brandon-wheat-kings/

Is it just me or has Matt been eating lots of cheeseburgers in the offseason? And is he limping?

In order - it is just you, no he hasn’t, and no he isn’t. 

Matt Nichols took a lot of crap on this board at times last year (I was not exempt from getting on him when he complained about the boos), but when it’s -30 outside and many Americans head south ftom the day the season ends to the start of trading camp, here’s our offensive leader giving back to the community and doing more than just a quick autograph session for a fee. I’m impressed to see him engage on a personal level with the Brandon fans. Kudos to him!

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

17 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Colossal mistake to let JSK walk. May be unpopular but given his age and price tag, I'd rather him than Bighill going forward. Hard to fathom Bighill being that effective after next season.

Are you insane?    You rather a guy who may be a fringe all star stay and let the best player on defence in the league leave?  

17 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Colossal mistake to let JSK walk. May be unpopular but given his age and price tag, I'd rather him than Bighill going forward. Hard to fathom Bighill being that effective after next season.

After next season? Who gives a **** about 2020? Its 2019. Bighill is the reigning MODP and you'd rather have someone else cause he might not be good in a few years? Lol...that honestly just doesnt sense.

16 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

After next season? Who gives a **** about 2020? Its 2019. Bighill is the reigning MODP and you'd rather have someone else cause he might not be good in a few years? Lol...that honestly just doesnt sense.

I'd like to see what our linebacking core would be like if your top guy was JSK and we had to fill our MLB position again. Oh no wait, I wouldn't

I hope what i an reading about Chungh  is just posturing...we have to bring this guy back. How can we let this guy walk? Young cdn lineman are gold and you have to pay.... if the rumours are true and BC is targeting Chungh how can they outbid us if they are throwing 700k at Reilly?

Edited by bb1

17 minutes ago, bb1 said:

I hope what i an reading about Chungh  is just posturing...we have to bring this guy back. How can we let this guy walk? Young cdn lineman are gold and you have to pay.... if the rumours are true and BC is targeting Chungh how can they outbid us if they are throwing 700k at Reilly?

They're going to pull a Trump and feed everyone cold fast food.

12 hours ago, bb1 said:

My thoughts exactly. We are spending less at QB but we can’t afford to pay Canadian linemen.

As Captain Jake Sparrow said: “why is the rum always gone?”