Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

On 2019-02-07 at 9:44 AM, Booch said:

well with the CFL endzones he will have even more room to grab a fade

I like the way he makes the contested catches in traffic and does the fade routes very well. Looks more promising than the receiver the Bombers signed last week and maybe we won't have to overpay for a veteran primo passcatcher.

Chungh and his agent holding Bombers hostage (trying).......knew Goossen was gonna be FA and knew Bombers *need* him and have cash so asking for a lot, it sounds like. KW not sure if they'll be able to meet in the middle. 

My take from what I heard is I bet Chungh and Bombers will agree to something at the 11th hour....I will say now we moved on from Loffler and fill his spot at a lesser amount, also think that JSK will be back once he see's the market and most likely won't get this year what he thinks he should..especially as teams will be holding off on big money until the QB's are signed

He also alluded to what I assumed is that they know what dollar value they have to play with and will target what they want...and guys will know to take a nice deal as the money may not be there when all the dominoes fall...so I'm not to concerned that we are going to be in a bad spot..Sucks about Corney but oh well.

We ink Chungh...and bigtime receiver and a possibly a proven half back..I will be happy..anything else will be gravy in my opinion..

I also think too...with the 2 first rounders we have an ace in the hole..possibly a trade bait at the draft..or we can grab the 2 best guys with no worries of signing implications for SMS

Edited by Booch

Who our the Bombers DL starters at this point? Jeffcoat, Roh, J Thomas is all I see that have been starters in the past are there any other starters that are signed? Looks to me like the Blue may have a small issue there at the present moment?

1 minute ago, Firekid said:

Who our the Bombers DL starters at this point? Jeffcoat, Roh, J Thomas is all I see that have been starters in the past are there any other starters that are signed? Looks to me like the Blue may have a small issue there at the present moment?

Jeffcoat - Bryant - Thomas - Roh

Bryant..Jeffcoat...Roh...Thomas in rotation...I believe Rivers still is under contract and the 2 guys recently signed

There are also 2 guys in draft that can most likelt step right in for reps...so not to wottied there..I bet Nevis signs soon as well

Edited by Booch

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Bryant..Jeffcoat...Roh...Thomas in rotation...I believe Rivers still is under contract and the 2 guys recently signed

There are also 2 guys in draft that can most likelt step right in for reps...so not to wottied there..I bet Nevis signs soon as well

Rivers ended on the PR so he's an FA. We re-signed Chouda from PR.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Yes he is good...would like him back...but like others said...not un-replaceable..and in Play-offs Wilson did just fine there..and if it came down to him as the incumbent..with more reps..and playing with Biggie...I'm not too worried

And if we can poach one of Lokombo..Ackie..better for the ratio...even if we don't need it...then can sub guys in freely at linebacker

Edited by Booch