Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

When you have a defence full of them though...him..Hughes..Edam..Purifoy..Gainey...well the overall result when it matters is inevitable..and was seen. Most of the guys on the Ssk defense were more concerned with their personal stats/acco;ades than the success of the unit as a whole it seems...now isolating one guy on a "team" well thats a different story

1 minute ago, Booch said:

When you have a defence full of them though...him..Hughes..Edam..Purifoy..Gainey...well the overall result when it matters is inevitable..and was seen. Most of the guys on the Ssk defense were more concerned with their personal stats/acco;ades than the success of the unit as a whole it seems...now isolating one guy on a "team" well thats a different story

Hughes faded down the stretch. Does he have another 18 games left in him? He'd be one big salary that if I was O'Day, I'd shed. 

YEAH I wouldn't be surprised if he is cut loose prior to free-agency, or just after the feeding frenzy...he totally disappeared after labour day...plus they are already wayyy over paying Evans (170K LAST YEAR) and are going to need to sign a QB..and want Jefferson back...so thats a salary that could be shed

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

He's faded down the stretch the last few seasons.

Big salary. Big stats first half of season but is finished by game 16... Only problem is there are 18 games plus playoffs & Grey Cup. But there are thos cameras on the sidelines to mug to. That takes a lot out of a guy. So tiring to act like a goof.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

YEAH I wouldn't be surprised if he is cut loose prior to free-agency, or just after the feeding frenzy...he totally disappeared after labour day...plus they are already wayyy over paying Evans (170K LAST YEAR) and are going to need to sign a QB..and want Jefferson back...so thats a salary that could be shed

Hughes disappeared only to be found later passed out on the side of the road with his truck motor still running. 🍺 🍺🍺 🍺 🍹 🍺 🍺 :68_sleeping:

6 hours ago, Marshall said:

We need a receiver with the nick name "Show Time"

Hope he lives up to it.

Bailey has decent size (6'1" and 210) but his CV is pretty darned thin. Money shouldn't be an issue- he apparently earned $94,000 total in 2 years of football.

Not sure where this goes. but man- Gotta love Strevs:

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/university-of-south-dakota/2019/02/06/chris-streveler-south-dakota-coyotes-usd-cfl-winnipeg-blue-bombers-football/2777011002/

CS: I don’t really think about the NFL at all right now. Because I’m in the CFL, and that’s where I’m trying to succeed. Everyone has goals, and I want to have a long football career and I’m in the CFL, so I’d love to do that here. But in order to do that you have to take it one day at a time and get better, because everyone up there is a professional and they’re working every day to get better, too.