Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

On ‎2019‎-‎02‎-‎02 at 11:59 AM, Eternal optimist said:

I would argue Bo Levi or Reilly, if only because QB is by far the most important position in the league... as for receivers currently active, I always thought that Banks would've been a good fit in our offense.

He'd fit in everybody's offense.

It appears that based on Loffler's salary expectations and our cap limitations, he's more than likely going to sign elsewhere.    And quite frankly the return the last couple of seasons has been disappointing.  I'd rather go cheap at the safety position if that means we could sign a game changing receiver. 

Maybe we could find a stud safety in the draft this year but I honestly believe that Hecht could fill the safety position.  IIRC he played the position in Calgary and no one can question his drive.  

exactly...and guys walked for less money elsewhere.....now come for less money

If we can add just one of Posey/Walker/Burnham to go with Adams, Woli and Harris then we'd be looking really good even with just incumbents manning the other 2 spots (Thompkins and Simonese) and Peterman as the first sub/rotation guy

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I really do think Thompkins was under utilized last season... the guy seemed to catch everything and was good at turning it up field for those extra yards.  

Agreed, I think he has a lot more to give than he was allowed to show. It took forever for Wolitarsky to get the proper utilisation last season as well. 

Wondering if we might not see Jovan Santos-Knox back. Bighill plus gaitor plus Wilson would be pretty good. 

Enjoying that we have enough core guys that there is less pressure on overpaying players who aren't exactly game changers

Edited by BBlink

Interesting to hear from D.TAylor that people have been saying that WPG is going to throw money at Burnham..as well to look out for them landing Willie Jefferson..that signing alone would would be entertaining to watch rider fans heads explode and turn on him as a traitor and that no loss as he one dimensional..disappears for games..etc..etc...not sure that where we should place a lot of money but if his salary basically replaced OPO's then him and Jeffcoat with Roh rotating would be pretty intruiging

Fenner restructuring to save team 20k prior to free agency is a sign of a true pro and guys wanting to be here..and doing whatever to help the team..kudos to him

Edited by Booch

4 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Wondering if we might not see Jovan Santos-Knox back. Bighill plus gaitor plus Wilson would be pretty good. 

Enjoying that we have enough core guys that there is less pressure on overpaying players who aren't exactly game changers

Well Bombers want him back..and he wants to be here if no NFL deals happen..so I'm expecting him back this year.