Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

18 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Hodge also said the bombers were tight for money and didn’t have a lot of cash for free agency. 

Can anyone confirm this? Any idea how close we are cap wise?

I don't see it myself. We have 70K extra from the Durant situation last year. We freed up a bunch of money on Randle, Wild, Leggett, and Goosen. Rumour is that we'll lose Chungh and Loffler. That's a ton of SMS room.

Hodge has no clue...we got rid of Randal..Leggett..most likely Dressler..Opo...Wild..Lafrance..Goosen salaries...and only real big increase has been to Biggie...plus signed only a whack of teams guys really..Bryant and Medlock most likely got minimal raises..so to say we are tight to cap at this point is extremely laughable....

yeah...seeing as we are already settled at the QB spot..as well as the QB on defense and only 1 o-line position that we could conceivably even go with what we have...we are sitting pretty nice for free agency and being able to really go hard for the guys we want...shall be interesting to see what we do for the ratio..I think we may see some intriguing surprises in that regard

Taylor “Lofty Ask” Loffler cannot be serious with that expectation. Neither can Hodge. Although I did see better play from him last year, I’ve considered him more of a sightseer, looking for that all-star hit. And that’s what got noticed. If that’s the best the league has in the West, then that position has fallen off badly.

Bombers and Loffler miles apart? Good. That’s a good safety cheque.

Count me in on Burnham...the guy just makes catches ...reliable and smooth...IF B.C. is successful in their rumored quest for Riley it'll cost...taking a lot off the table for re-signing their fa's...Make a very sound offer and see what happens with Burnham...If nothing else it'll give Hervey fits...Lot's of conjecture with my take but ain't that what fa is all about...A few other quality receivers out there as well

Edited by Stickem