Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

6 minutes ago, bryan35 said:

Couture and Gray haven't shown that they are ready to start. Maybe they are but we don't really know yet. Has Neufeld ever made it through an entire season when starting?

Walters knows he can't sign every one and in all probability knows what both are looking for to re sign, probably way to rich for the Bombers plus he has Gray and Couture in his back pocket, and might be able to bring a good lineman or 2 before camp.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I can't imagine they are going to let guys walk away,  I'm sure the team has made offers to both Goose and Chungh and it's going to come down to another team offering them more cash then what we can afford.   

If the team is desperate for a receiver they could always sign Duron Carter :)  lol

And play him at guard. 

Not super relevant, but it's something during a slow news time......

https://www.chrisd.ca/2019/01/23/dayna-spiring-winnipeg-football-club-board-chair/?fbclid=IwAR3rX-QKgaonIFXgUM7BzoIHy-kOeXvgTg9Z4EvVh_oWjkr3DBu0_FR8aHE

WINNIPEG — Dayna Spiring, head of Economic Development Winnipeg, has been named the board chair of the Winnipeg Football Club.

Spiring’s appointment makes her the first woman in WFC history to be named chair of the board of directors.

“Dayna has been a great addition to the board since her arrival in 2015, and there is no better candidate to take on the role of board chair,” said Jeff Martin, Spiring’s predecessor.

“Dayna has been a trailblazer throughout her entire career, and it is fitting that she become the club’s first female chair.”

Martin will continue to serve on the board as past chair.

Prior to joining Economic Development Winnipeg, Spiring was the former chief strategy officer and general counsel with the Canadian Wheat Board. She currently serves as a director for Winpak Ltd. and CancerCare Manitoba Foundation and has previously served on the boards of Manitoba Hydro and Farmers Edge.

On 2019-01-23 at 2:59 PM, Brandon said:

I can't imagine they are going to let guys walk away,  I'm sure the team has made offers to both Goose and Chungh and it's going to come down to another team offering them more cash then what we can afford.   

If the team is desperate for a receiver they could always sign Duron Carter :)  lol

I wonder if we will go all in on one of them to prevent losing both. Personally, I like chungh a lot more, but consistency at the center position is huge. 

i think if it comes down to being outbid on both..we will go all in on one and roll with Gray/Couture (who-ever wins out) in camp and I'd be fine with that...that extra money that a national lineman would cost us would go a looong way in resigning JSK and bringing in a Posey or Derel Walker

I guess this is obvious, but following  the NFL playoffs, (patriots) makes me think that a good O line coach can take non star players and make them into a formidable line. Not many of the players on that line are high drafts.

Maybe this is part of Calgary's success too.

Edited by Mark F

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Then I still don't want Lapo as head coach again. Been there done that and it didn't work. 

anyone can argue that it didnt work because he doesnt have the QB ans the talents he need for the offense. 

plus he has Sleepy Joe as his GM.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

anyone can argue that it didnt work because he doesnt have the QB ans the talents he need for the offense. 

plus he has Sleepy Joe as his GM.

He coached the team to not lose. Remember? It was good enough to barely lose. Lapo is a loser at heart. He doesn't have the balls to be a winner. 

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Then I still don't want Lapo as head coach again. Been there done that and it didn't work. 

I’m with you. I’m barely hanging on as LaPolice as OC. He has brilliant ideas as an Offensive guru, but he reminds me of a person swimming in a lake, he likes to go wading in the water, to get the feel, but he never goes all in.