Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

To further add to the Farhan interview,   it sounded that he was at the KC Chiefs game with Hustler...  so I really have doubts that a guy who was away for a weekend of fun who just came back home today was really doing some deep investigative work on LaPo.... 

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Been discussing the Lapo things over at RF......a lot of salt and vinegar over there about it.     

You must be confusing riderfans.com with pretty much everywhere else in the world. Only thing at riderfans.com is a bunch of piss and vinegar.

6 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Anyone underestimating the importance of a good offensive line in this league should look at about the last 8 minutes or so of that 2018 playoff game in Saskatchewan... they just absolutely manhandled that 'superior' 'Rider's d-line.

I understand the value of a good offensive line. I just this Winnipeg would still have the best offensive line in the league even if they lost one of Goosen and Chung.

At some point we will lose one/some of our drafted OLs. Hoping it's not this year though. I'm not really concern however knowing that the pipeline is not bare as it used to be. 

But I hope Walters managed to keep both Goossen and Chungh. Even if it's at the expense of Neufeld.

I would love to see a Bryant-Gray-Goossen-Chungh-Hardrick OL. 

4 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I understand the value of a good offensive line. I just this Winnipeg would still have the best offensive line in the league even if they lost one of Goosen and Chung.

Hmmmm - its only been a year since we didn’t need to start 3 Americans and/or throw young OL to the wolves. 

17 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I think with Harris and a strong run game as a key components of our offense, Bombers have more to lose with a subpar O-line than other squads, agreed though that it is a position of strength right now.

12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Still think they hide Neufeld on IR as long as they can... but also give Gray a shot at RT in training camp

What do these two things have to do with each other? And what of both Jamarcus Hardrick and Manase Foketi? 🤔 

8 hours ago, Mike said:

I think Goossen is the one not coming back and to be honest, it seems all but certain.

Dont know if Chungh comes back but I do know I’ll be very surprised to see Goossen back. 

That would suck. He’s a guy we really had to devote time to and has finally come into his own.