Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The guy had 1100 yards receiving in 2017 and 1566 in 2016....  last season if he was healthy he would of had about 1100 yards which is more then Darvin had.

Ya, 2011 was too far back.....but he's not the same guy. He's really really beat up....I'd take a hard pass on that guy at this point.

18 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Was going to be a FA so just early release 

Which makes one wonder if he asked for more money or more playing time and they said no so they're granting him time latch on elsewhere (credit 17to85)... 

48 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Which makes one wonder if he asked for more money or more playing time and they said no so they're granting him time latch on elsewhere (credit 17to85)... 

I think he chooses retirement rather than trying to catch on with another team, it was a similar situation last year if I recall correctly.  He's already involved in a career as a Certified Financial Planner in Pittsburgh.

http://hbkswealth.com/staff/ian-wild/

0?e=1553126400&v=beta&t=a-3DpJ-xCgzFITmM

Between Randle and Wild's release, it certainly looks like the Bombers are trying to go younger in 2019... Wild's release makes sense as he had a few seasons riddled with injuries. As for Randle, it looks like the club is just playing to its' scouting strengths... hopefully they can find a youngster gem that can fill the void left by Randle that is both effective and cheaper on the books.

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Between Randle and Wild's release, it certainly looks like the Bombers are trying to go younger in 2019... Wild's release makes sense as he had a few seasons riddled with injuries. As for Randle, it looks like the club is just playing to its' scouting strengths... hopefully they can find a youngster gem that can fill the void left by Randle that is both effective and cheaper on the books.

Add Leggett to the list.

44 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Unfortunately, he  frequently looks for that type of hit that distracts him from being in the right position in making a proper tackle and/or play on the ball.

I don't know...last year he made his presence known to a few wayward looking receivers when he was on the prowl and made a couple of nifty pics in the process...B.C. will be knocking on his door come fa....I hope we can re-up him...he's stilll a very good asset

Seems as generally shortly after we announce a veteran release and SMS money freed up it usually coincides with free agent extension shortly after..(Leggett/Randle) .Bryant/hardrick and Biggie

Wondering if the freeing up of Wilds salary may be an indication of money freed up for a Chungh and or Goosen signing, or a Loffler or Demski?

Edited by Booch

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Seems as generally shortly after we announce a veteran release and SMS money freed up it usually coincides with free agent extension shortly after..(Leggett/Randle) .Bryant/hardrick and Biggie

Wondering if the freeing up of Wilds salary may be an indication of money freed up for a Chungh and or Goosen signing, or a Loffler or Demski?

*crossing fingers and toes*

Edited by M.O.A.B.