Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

Sounds a lot better for re-upping Bighill ...BUT you just know Huffer is hurting bad with the departure of Singleton....Does he make a play for Adam...???I hope we don't get into a bidding war with Cal...I think Kyle can stare him down in a money scuffle IF it comes to that...then again Hufnagel has been known to be Mr. Frugal and I sure hope that's still the case

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Sounds a lot better for re-upping Bighill ...BUT you just know Huffer is hurting bad with the departure of Singleton....Does he make a play for Adam...???I hope we don't get into a bidding war with Cal...I think Kyle can stare him down in a money scuffle IF it comes to that...then again Hufnagel has been known to be Mr. Frugal and I sure hope that's still the case

Is it not likely that players like Singleton or BLM will end up being cut sooner or later and return to the CFL mid-season?  I believe Bighill arrived just after T.C. if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

He was an amazing Bombers rep for a long time (by pro football standards) and I am so glad we were able to see him play for our team, but he'd definitely dropped off. This is a real Wally-esque move, cutting a guy just as he's starting to fall off. Also, if there's one thing Walters and co can recruit, it's DBs. I have full faith in them to have several candidates in camp...

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Hufnagel is loathe to sign name free agents as they cost money but these are different times.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Shame about Randle, just like it was with Mo but makes totally sense based on salary and play last year.

Yep. Its a cruel cruel world. not long ago mo and randle were two of our best, and the leagues best defenders and dbs. Today they are both out of work and could be out of football. 

Randle was such a monster for us, and he came here at a time that FA vets didnt come to winnipeg. He was here through some awful days. He is a big part of what we have today, both in terms of class and quality. It doesnt last forever, and it never lasts long enough. I wish the best for him in football and in life.

Bummed to hear about Randle being cut loose.  Him coming over from a perennial contender was big when our franchise was still in shambles.  I’m a big fan of his and sorry to see him go... was so sure he’d be a part of the next Blue Bomber championship roster 😢.

Wish him nothing but happiness and success.

Thanks Mr Randle for the great years, really sad to see him go. He repped the blue and gold with respect and dignity, and is a hell of a player. I wish him the best in the future.

... tough business.

side question, does anyone think mo will get another look from a cfl squad ?

6 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Thanks Mr Randle for the great years, really sad to see him go. He repped the blue and gold with respect and dignity, and is a hell of a player. I wish him the best in the future.

... tough business.

side question, does anyone think mo will get another look from a cfl squad ?

Randle will. Would be surprised if Mo does. I think he’s done. 

1 minute ago, CodyT said:

Yeah Randle will catch on with another squad undoubtedly. Really sucks about Mo, however. Dude was an absolute game changer 

Injuries man! Mo just had a nose for the ball. Always making a big play. Will miss both these guys but I’m ok moving on. Can’t pay players based on past performances. 

8 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Yeah Randle will catch on with another squad undoubtedly. Really sucks about Mo, however. Dude was an absolute game changer 

#Bombers have released veteran cornerback Chris Randle, one of their best defensive players for the last few years. Lions coach Devone Claybrooks told me he thinks Randle is the best boundary corner in the #CFL