Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

1 minute ago, Albertabomberguy said:

Don’t laugh....I actually have a Fred Reid AND a Zeke Moreno jersey.

Reid is common...the Moreno is pretty unique. I'm impressed. I still want to know who the guy in Calgary with the 2003-era Bombers Ladarius Vann jersey is......see him almost every time I'm at McMahon for a Bombers game...

Edited by Noeller

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Reid is common...the Moreno is pretty unique. I'm impressed. I still want to know who the guy in Calgary with the 2003-era Bombers Ladarius Vann jersey is......see him almost every time I'm at McMahon for a Bombers game...

My mom went into the bomber store years ago to buy me a jersey and Moreno was in there.  She met him and said he was a good looking fella so she bought me his jersey.  So pretty much I got his jersey because my mom had the hots for him. 

1 minute ago, Albertabomberguy said:

My mom went into the bomber store years ago to buy me a jersey and Moreno was in there.  She met him and said he was a good looking fella so she bought me his jersey.  So pretty much I got his jersey because my mom had the hots for him. 

that is a fantastic story....

6 minutes ago, Albertabomberguy said:

And that's how she met your new daddy

5 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Stamps have lost offensive lineman Brad Erdos for the season with a patella tendon tear. 

Bombers have lost offensive lineman Foketi to a , well.. I’m not sure.

Bone spurs ?

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

The young man in Winnipeg with the Jim Zorn jersey is my all-time fave.

No way that kid was alive when Jim Zorn was a Bomber.

On 2019-05-25 at 8:18 AM, Noeller said:

lol...it's come up twice this week about the pre-season TV sched, but it was actually released like 2 or 3 months ago. So weird that it's coming up all of a sudden like it's news. 

I guess it's better to err on the side that it wasn't considering the number of times people have posted in the past that they didn't know something was going to be on even though it was posted multiply times. ;)

On 2019-05-25 at 7:42 AM, TBURGESS said:

If only there were more threads so this kind of stuff wouldn't get lost in a mega-thread.

But that would make too much sense. Less diehard fans must be punished for not visiting the disorganized mega-thread daily to sort through the mostly irrelevant **** posts to find relevant news points like TV schedules. If you're not sorting through those threads to find the relevant team news item posted ever 4-6 pages you don't deserve to know when the preseason game are aired.

4 minutes ago, yogi said:

But that would make too much sense. Less diehard fans must be punished for not visiting the disorganized mega-thread daily to sort through the mostly irrelevant **** posts to find relevant news points like TV schedules. If you're not sorting through those threads to find the relevant team news item posted ever 4-6 pages you don't deserve to know when the preseason game are aired.

I know you're being sarcastic, but I actually 100% agree with this.......

48 minutes ago, yogi said:

Other than opinions, there is very little original information posted on this website, you're welcome to search source sites like bluebombers.com, cfl.ca or tsn.ca/cfl to find the relevant information you're seeking.  

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Other than opinions, there is very little original information posted on this website, you're welcome to search source sites like the bluebombers.com, cfl.ca or tsn.ca/cfl to find the relevant information you're seeking.  

hell, there's a search function here, too.........