Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

38 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't know that we ever had him at Tackle, did we?? But I remember that the book on him was always that his footwork isn't good enough to play T...great guard tho. Ultimate brawler.

32 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The riders tried it and it failed miserably. Hardrick struggled at guard early on before bond came onto the roster at guard and hardrick slid over. 

Yeah that sounds correct 

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

No Paddy Neufeld started that year as RT then got hurt Hardrick moved to RT and then Bond came into line up to play LG.

Yep. 

There was talk about him "just being a guard" prior to the end of the season and bond said he could do both, and had played some T in the past but never here. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Sale of Alouettes becoming a fiasco.  Dragon's Den guy now saying he's interested, wants Quebecois GM/Coaching Staff, going to sell half his share in the team to fans to try to fund a stadium.

Which one? oleary?

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

The Bombers 100% tried Bond at T. He held his own, if not excelled. Nothing he did in Regina worked well. He just didn't fit that system for whatever reason. But the guy can 100% play Tackle.

Derek Dennis struggled with the Riders as well. He was an all star tackle with the Stamps in 2016 & 2018. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

iirc didnt they cut him in camp?

He started a bunch of games for the Riders in 2017 & was by far their worst OL. He eventually ended up back in Calgary where he became a West DivisionAll Star for the second time last season.  If I was a Rider fan I'd be wondering what was going on.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

14 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Behind The Scenes At Headshot Day - BC Lions https://www.bclions.com/2019/05/23/behind-the-scenes-at-head-shot-day/

BC's helmet is great, the Jersey is alright, the pants are a clown show

They fixed one thing and ruined another... the helmets are nice by why the orange pants... just go black, would look sooo much slicker...

Why don't these companies use focus groups? STH's of different ages to get their feedback before they release their team's new uniforms. They obviously need help to get things right & knowledgeable fans would help in that process. Instead of some fashion designer who doesn't know the difference between football & soccer. 

44 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why don't these companies use focus groups? STH's of different ages to get their feedback before they release their team's new uniforms. They obviously need help to get things right & knowledgeable fans would help in that process. Instead of some fashion designer who doesn't know the difference between football & soccer. 

Well... I hate to point it out - but they probably did.

We're not exactly the age-appropriate target market ha...

5 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

https://www.esks.com/2019/05/24/injury-update-sirvincent-rogers/?fbclid=IwAR1rImV-HJzjYz5EU4UeVxUUm9bzRFfdhpAfvYdjfpCw80MJfKRXNb8vn7I

Eskimos dealt a big blow here.  Sir Vincent Rogers has a torn bicep and out indefinitely. 

Harris now going over his contract, looking for an out.