Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

D6jmIK2WAAMB_Hg.png

D6jmIEuW0AALZGt.png 

Not sure about Figueroa ...   don't see how they can afford to keep Foucault...  I think a very good OL could shake loose after TC

That D front seven is not going to scare anyone...  better hope Reilly scores 30+ every game

I just don't see the sense of cutting Elimimian and keeping guys like Willis, Carter 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

That BC roster doesn't impress me we all... 

Their defense is going to give up a lot of points. Other than Burnham there isn't a real deep threat. Durant never was a full time starter with the Stamps & is really a possession receiver. He doesn't beat anyone deep. Maybe he'll have a break out season starting for the first time & with Reilly throwing the deep ball.  Who knows what Carter can do as he is a total eff up.

22 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

DE, DT, S, C, SB, CB.

That's not " a lot". Centre is a competition with the 2 incumbents from last year.  Don't agree with DT. We need a proven DT. 

Training camp will plug what few holes are there. Extremely please with the new coaching staff and who Hervey has brought in. 

10 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I see BC brought in QB Austin Apodaca, a Bomber TC cut from 2017 who looked fairly promising.  

Also looks like they lost Ty Long to the L.A. Chargers, so they'll be heading into camp with no experienced kickers unless they pick up the Riders recent table scraps.

They should have signed Lankford as a kicker!