Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

17 hours ago, MC said:

I could not disagree with this more.  I think you are basing your perception too much on his last few years in Toronto.  Ray got beat up mercilessly most of his years in Edmonton and he would just get back up and throw dimes.  Never complain, never point fingers.    

Ask a guy like Doug Brown and I can pretty much guarantee he would tell you that Ricky Ray was the toughest (physically and mentally) QB, and one of the toughest players that he played against. 

17 years playing qb at the pro level. wow. Hats off.

22 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

AC and Burris are not in the same category. AC and then Ray. Not by much in my opinion but Burris isn't even in the conversation.

I agree that Burris is miles behind the other two when talking about the best QBs.... but he is also one of the greatest players and personalities ever to play in the CFL. I wish we'd got him instead of Willy in 2014... we wouldn't be talking about a Grey Cup drought anymore if we had.

29 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I agree that Burris is miles behind the other two when talking about the best QBs.... but he is also one of the greatest players and personalities ever to play in the CFL. I wish we'd got him instead of Willy in 2014... we wouldn't be talking about a Grey Cup drought anymore if we had.

Given how historically bad Burris is in bad weather games I would say that we wouldn't have won **** with Burris. Plus I would have had to hate myself cheering for a team with that phony ******* on it. 

CFL and the CFLPA:

MAY 15 - ROOKIE CAMPS OPEN

MAY 19 - TRAINING CAMPS OPEN

MAY 26 - PRESEASON BEGINS

Let the Bullshirt stop and keep these dates in mind gentlemen. The anxious fans are waiting, and we’re really the ones you should be aware of..

Edited by Mr Dee

10 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

CFL and the CFLPA:

MAY 15 - ROOKIE CAMPS OPEN

MAY 19 - TRAINING CAMPS OPEN

MAY 26 - PRESEASON BEGINS

Let the Bullshirt stop and keep these dates in mind gentlemen. The anxious fans are waiting, and we’re really the ones you should be aware of..

The Players are. The CFL doesn't seem to care about us. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The BOGs & Ambrosie are the ones deliberately slowing down talks. If the season doesn't start on time it's on them. 

Of course..oh, unless they’ve been asked for something unattainable.

The players didn't demand the Lions & the Stamps pay the amounts of $$$ they did for Reilly & BLM? That was the decision of both clubs which was totally irresponsible. if they didn't have the money then they both teams never should have done that.  Now they've set new heights for paying qbs while other players see a fraction of that & of course want more.  I don't begrudge the players wanting more as they put their bodies & long term health at risk. I wouldn't be so quick to blame the players. The Stamps because of that contract have lost a lot of players including Chris Matthews. Stamps loss is our gain. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

19 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Did the players demand the Lions & the Stamps pay the amounts of $$$ they did for Reilly & BLM? That was the decision of both clubs. How irresponsible was that? if they haven't the money then they both never should have done that.  Now they've set new heights for paying qbs while other players see a fraction of that.  I wouldn't be so quick to blame the players. The Stamps because of that contract have lost a lot of players including Chris Matthews. Stamps loss is our gain. 

So you're arguing for the players by saying that players are making too much money and it's hurting the players and so this is management's fault.  You sir are a negotiating god!

2 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

So you're arguing for the players by saying that players are making too much money and it's hurting the players and so this is management's fault.  You sir are a negotiating god!

Hey asshat, I know you have never liked me but quit being a **** on here & constantly twist what I say. When you want to have a conversation with me without an agenda to just argue then get back to me. Otherwise put me on ignore & move on. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, tell me more. 

I don’t know anymore than you do. We’re out of the loop. But I can’t see the compensation issue they are striving for..

Did you see Irving’s tweet? 

Edited by Mr Dee

51 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

You missed the gist of what he was saying.

Maybe but he has a point that Irving missed...why are these teams throwing that much at QBs when they are not making money? Its like the NHL when they have to basically shut down the league to keep the nutty owners in line. They overpay then blame the players....

There is no justification for paying that kind of money for a few players. 

BUT, 

I cannot see it being a carefully crafted plan to screw the CFLPA in these negotiations. To what end? Where’s the logic in screwing your own team and possibly making it weaker?