Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

Bryant Mitchell 

RECEIVING
YEAR    TEAM    GP    REC    YDS    YAC    TD    AVG    LG
2018      EDM       11    60        867      325     3      14.5    75

Won't be a bad 3rd Int'l receiver option. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Would be nice but I don’t think we will sign him.  We kind of box ourselves in to starting 3 American receivers if we do. They did a lot of scouting and have signed a lot of receivers.  I think they want to leave something up to training camp to decide in that area.  

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

He's good but not worth breaking the bank to get.   The Blue should have enough money for him if they want to go after him.

Yep,we didn't have him last year and we were the highest scoring team in the league....just sayin

10 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

No telling if Mitchell is looking to return to the CFL this year or continue his pursuit of an NFL position, he's only 26 so I don't think he's ready to give up on the dream yet.  Good thing about Matthews,  he says he's done with the NFL.

When you get cut by the Cardinals without even making it to training camp and I that would be a good indicator that it’s time to make a long term commitment to the CFL.   Personally for our offense I lean towards Matthews being the best fit due to his size and physicality.  I have no regrets. 

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

it's the classic big market media entitlement. "WE DESERVE TO KNOW!!"  No, you don't...

Also assumes readers want or care about his woke social commentary which he shoe-horns into his stories every chance he gets. Nothing worse than a sports reporter with frustrated dreams of being a "serious" journalist.

On 2019-05-09 at 1:33 PM, Bigblue204 said:

Don't think Ray is tough enough to survive any other era of football. He didn't ever take any beatings the way QB's did back then.

I could not disagree with this more.  I think you are basing your perception too much on his last few years in Toronto.  Ray got beat up mercilessly most of his years in Edmonton and he would just get back up and throw dimes.  Never complain, never point fingers.    

Ask a guy like Doug Brown and I can pretty much guarantee he would tell you that Ricky Ray was the toughest (physically and mentally) QB, and one of the toughest players that he played against.