Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

9 hours ago, SPuDS said:

So many people think BC is going to suddenly be dominant this year.. a great QB Reilly most definitely is.. but will he have a enough of a supporting cast??

I don't see the BC Lions' situation being any better than the one in Edmonton last year- if anything, its worse. I hope Reilly's next of kin has been alerted and he has a health-care directive in place.

8 hours ago, Tracker said:

I don't see the BC Lions' situation being any better than the one in Edmonton last year- if anything, its worse. I hope Reilly's next of kin has been alerted and he has a health-care directive in place.

The wildcard in bc is the head coach. If he can squeeze a lot of juice out of an underpriced D they could be pretty good.  

25 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Alex Green. HAM loaded up at RB so its not that surprising. He has quality.

Cappiciotti.  Too expensive for what he does which isn't much.

Whitlock.  Does many things none particularly well.

If Cappiciotti has been released, we should sign him because we know his name and that's all that matters

Edited by WBBFanWest

On 2019-05-05 at 10:15 PM, SPuDS said:

So many people think BC is going to suddenly be dominant this year.. a great QB Reilly most definitely is.. but will he have a enough of a supporting cast??

I think Reilly is overrated and it will be proven this season.  

On 2019-05-05 at 9:15 PM, SPuDS said:

He didn't win much in Edmonton last year & look who he had to catch for him. And the last 6 games he sulked on the field. Remember how happy he looked playing us at the end of the year? Their OL sucked as did the run game. Looks like more of the same in BC.

I'm not sure it's fair to say Reilly is "overrated" per se, because he's had ****-all for an OL and took such a wicked beating over the years. Having said that, he DID have a very impressive receiving corps at all times, and perhaps didn't win as much with that as he should have. Also, not sure it's going to be any better in BC this year, at least in terms of his OL.....so, short story long, I respect MR, but I'm definitely not scared of him...

as an aside (since this is "Around The League"...), Grey Cup tix are now on sale. Starting at 149.95. We decided to buy a couple on the weekend and hopefully the Bombers come through for us. I'm planning to take the Friday-Sunday off work and take in all the parties this year, so may as well go to the game. Should be a time, and hopefully we'll see a few of you 'Tobans around the Spirit of Edmonton and TD Manitoba parties (the best ones of the weekend...)

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

as an aside (since this is "Around The League"...), Grey Cup tix are now on sale. Starting at 149.95. We decided to buy a couple on the weekend and hopefully the Bombers come through for us. I'm planning to take the Friday-Sunday off work and take in all the parties this year, so may as well go to the game. Should be a time, and hopefully we'll see a few of you 'Tobans around the Spirit of Edmonton and TD Manitoba parties (the best ones of the weekend...)

I haven't much hope that my team will be there, but I'm trying to move my schedule around to, myself. Who knows, if I'm able to attend I may even get to have a beer with a CCMA award finalist.

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. 

It's the Montgomery Burns award for outstanding achievement in the field of excellence.

Do you have a job yet?