Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

Here's my wacky new ratio rule:

Ratio is 7 Cdn starters and 1 international

Cdn QBs count as NIs - if you have a CDN QB listed as starter that counts as 2 NI spots

1 marquee import - you can sign a player partially exempt from the salary cap (maybe a range/cap on that) but then you lose an additional import spot and play 8 Canadian starters

1 marquee non-import - no penalty

Cdns like Singleton, Woli, etc would now count as 'Internationals'

19 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Anthony Orange should shut his F'n mouth. 

Thank your good luck every day you aren't in jail, you woman beating piece of trash.

he may have been a little more aggressive than necessary... but he makes a good point... a starter should probably be making more than a back-up... unless said back-up got beat out by a rookie...

as for the "woman beating" stuff... I don't know anything about that.... so no comment...

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

he may have been a little more aggressive than necessary... but he makes a good point... a starter should probably be making more than a back-up... unless said back-up got beat out by a rookie...

as for the "woman beating" stuff... I don't know anything about that.... so no comment...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.twincities.com/2013/11/26/former-viking-a-j-jefferson-charged-with-strangling-girlfriend/amp

I don't want to hear his opinion on anything.

Edited by Geebrr

On 2019-03-18 at 12:58 PM, Mr Dee said:

Match that against the 7 highest Import salaries then..

The best Anericans usually make as much or more than the Canadians - Stanley Bryant comes to mind. But I highly doubt any American RB makes more than Andrew Harris.