Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

3 minutes ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

This is the controversial statement:

To me, this doesnt jyve with the league forcing the als to cut manziel. 

The league forcing this makes a lot of sense to me, its hard to see the als cutting him now on their own.

Either way, im glad he is gone and not coming back. 

36 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

To me, this doesnt jyve with the league forcing the als to cut manziel. 

The league forcing this makes a lot of sense to me, its hard to see the als cutting him now on their own.

Either way, im glad he is gone and not coming back. 

Keep in mind, this was the same agent who gave the Ticats a dead line for offering him a contract. I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to spin it that Johnny cancelled the contract....saying that. The source seems to be less then legit.

My thought is, Johnny smoked some weed or drank or quit a mandatory course etc etc etc....to purposely void his agreement, knowing the league would force MTL to do this.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he was just talking about how interesting the AAF is, now he's no longer under contract....seems fishy.

Edited by Bigblue204

25 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I adore the word levity. Thank you for reminding us of how important it is in this day in age. :)

On that note: At a funeral, a man approached the widow and asked, "May I say a word?". The widow nodded assent. The man walked to the front of the church and said "Plenitude" and then took his seat again.

The widow smiled at the man and said, "Thanks. That means a lot".

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Give them their picks back if the league 'forced' this...

Glad he's gone

no way. the league was completely up front about how Manziel's participation had a bunch of contingencies. Reed knew the risks when he pulled the trigger on the worst deal in modern CFL history.

That deal is now Reed trading two first rounders and a canuck starter for an import tackle.  It's staggering how bad that turned out, and everyone saw it coming but Reed or whoever ordered him to do the deal.

Edited by johnzo

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

no way. the league was completely up front about how Manziel's participation had a bunch of contingencies. Reed knew the risks when he pulled the trigger on the worst deal in modern CFL history.

That deal is now Reed trading two first rounders and a canuck starter for an import tackle.  It's staggering how bad that turned out, and everyone saw it coming but Reed or whoever ordered him to do the deal.

I said it once. say it again. Reed should be fired.