Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

2 hours ago, MC said:

The only Grey Cup city that treats other fanbases like garbage.  I was shocked last time and we vowed to never set foot there again.  I don't know how the city can do anything about it because it seems to be based on the notion that everybody loves them and, if you dare to wear your colours that you are a target.  I spoke to fans from Hamilton (who were in the game) who bought a Riders jersey and wore it to the events so the harassment would stop.  

This must have been 2013.

Was there for 95 Cup and it was a huge community car wash-bbq-charity fundraiser-let's all pitch in and do our part type vibe.."Soooo where ya from?" endlessly

Also speaking of Rider fans. Just this week in a resort far far away while discussing the CFL a rider fan says to me, “ yup, we got the cup.” What?

RB “you mean Regina is hosting the grey cup game...”

RF, “huh.?”

RB “the riders haven’t won a thing, the city is the host to an event..”

RF, “oh, oh, I guess your right...”. 

Total misrepresentation, totally dim to understand the correction. 

Then the deflection, “wool, when was the last time the bombers won the cup? “ 

also in other not news but usual nonsense, Rider Dressler jersey seen at Jets Coyotes game......smh.

12 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Speaking of Riders fans look at this real creep 

What the actual ****.  That was just gross and creepy as hell.  I hope he cold cocked the guy as soon as the camera's were off.  What kind of mental retardation makes you think that is ok or even funny.  Oh sorry, I forgot...Saskatchewan.

Actually, I think that's actor Boyd Banks that's harassing him.  Although it's still creepy as ****.

Edited by Logan007

10 hours ago, Rod Black said:

also in other not news but usual nonsense, Rider Dressler jersey seen at Jets Coyotes game......smh.

9 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

This is so cringey. Guaranteed that guy thought he was the man too. 

Gentlemen, those were his fancy going out clothes. Don't be rude. 

3 hours ago, Logan007 said:

What the actual ****.  That was just gross and creepy as hell.  I hope he cold cocked the guy as soon as the camera's were off.  What kind of mental retardation makes you think that is ok or even funny.  Oh sorry, I forgot...Saskatchewan.

Actually, I think that's actor Boyd Banks that's harassing him.  Although it's still creepy as ****.

Johnny flat out played the Als and the CFL. He knows the AAF is willing to let him play. And that he would likely have more success in that league due to the lack of talent and the rules of the game. "Unable to abide by the terms of the agreement" - and "Johnny was unwilling to proceed". That screams, he purposely broke the agreement knowing it would get him released. 

Considering the way he was traded, he likely knew the Als weren't going to be cutting him. Made the league force their hand now he's free to do what he wants.

I'll be surpised if he isn't signed by an AAF team very shortly.

Edited by Bigblue204

The guy bombed (pardon the pun) in Montreal.  This was a high risk low reward for the Als. The bad behaviour is on Manziel not living up to the "secret" conditions but the business decision to bring the guy in & sell the farm now for nothing is on Reed. he should have realized that there was a high percentage this would not work out. The Als are screwed with a lack of draft picks now for 2 more seasons. Kavis should be gone permanently  today. 

16 minutes ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

"Page not found" I suspect they took it down because their source was phony.

Manziel's twitter statement:

I want to thank Coach Sherman, my teammates, and the CFL fans. My time there reestablished my love for the game of football and the work that goes into it. I look forward to exploring new options within the United States.