Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

I don’t see the need to change our plans now re Elimimian. The cost versus overall benefit doesn’t justify this move. We still need that elusive receiver we’ve been thinking about.

I would just like to see teams hold off and make Hervey pay (in a different way) for believing his plans have no consequences. 

Unfortunately, someone will jump and he’ll get his way. I just don’t want it to be us.

Stay focused..

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Elimimian anyone ? 

Jeffcoat - Bryant - Thomas - Jefferson
   Bighill - Elimimian - Gaitor/Fenner

or loading up the box: 

Jeffcoat - Bryant - Thomas - Jefferson - Roh
              Bighill - Elimimian 

🤔

Looks dominant and good once you remove Thomas out of the starting equation..not good enough, nor required

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

We weren't willing to pay for JSK at wil, but we'll trade an asset and pay way more to bring Eliminiam in? I really don't see it happening.

JSK can barely carry Soli's jock strap...hence no big dollar contract from us...Soli and Biggie..With Jeffcoat and Jefferson as your 4 main cogs upfront..good gawd...I'd be happy with waiting put an NFL cut, or going with a recruit, or just bringing in a proven guy like Tolliver...heck even Hazleton..our receiving corp, and offence skilled positions could use an agitating prick S.O.B in it's ranks

43 minutes ago, Booch said:

they have to take what they can get to remain under cap...or risk losing him for nothing..they have no real choice in matter..

I'm going to assume it's one of the agents that leaked this. Hervey can't be too happy about it either. News like this gets out and your trade options shrink big time. Everyone knows they will likely need to release one or both before the start of the year, so just wait them out. 

Saying that, I'd be happy if they were able to land Foucalt for a decent price. Not a 1st rounder. But if he is released, I hope they go after him big time.

15 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm going to assume it's one of the agents that leaked this. Hervey can't be too happy about it either. News like this gets out and your trade options shrink big time. Everyone knows they will likely need to release one or both before the start of the year, so just wait them out. 

Saying that, I'd be happy if they were able to land Foucalt for a decent price. Not a 1st rounder. But if he is released, I hope they go after him big time.

Foucault is probably on a cheaper contract now then what he could get on the open market. Although, if he's released, it might set off a chain reaction.

For the right price in a trade, I would certainly be interested. 

55 minutes ago, Booch said:

they have to take what they can get to remain under cap...or risk losing him for nothing..they have no real choice in matter..

Exactly....sometimes you have to pay when you make a big splash in fa..this is one of those times...There will be interest in Soli and I bet  Biggie made a call for a reunification tilt with us...There's no way Hervey let's him walk for nothing...That presents the trade scenario and the question what will a team be prepared to give up for him....hmmmmmm....No draft pics please Kyle unless they're late rounders

19 hours ago, Engelwood said:

Since the last **** show out here, there is 5 new larger hotels that have been built. And one burned down(but it was a slum)

I hope you are correct, but I just don't think Regina has enough hotel rooms to host the Grey Cup.    I've been to 20 cups, and the last 16 in a row.   I've been to 2 in Regina, but I couldn't get hotel rooms either time.  So had to drive in from Yorkton or Brandon.   Just went to the game, not my normal extended visit to parties/pubs etc due to lack of rooms.   The last one in Regina was the worst Grey Cup I've been to by far, dis-organized, chaotic, and it wasn't the usual National Event, it had the feel of being strictly a provincial event.   I'm aware that there are many Grey Cup regulars from across the country that feel the same way about Regina hosting.   I'm hoping the new stadium rectifies some of the problems, but if I can't get a hotel room, it's likely that my streak will be broken.    I booked my Calgary room months ago, as I usually book 1 year in advance.  

Caveat to this rant:  if the Bombers are in, I'm going.

6 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Elimimian anyone ? 

Jeffcoat - Bryant - Thomas - Jefferson
   Bighill - Elimimian - Gaitor/Fenner

or loading up the box: 

Jeffcoat - Bryant - Thomas - Jefferson - Roh
              Bighill - Elimimian 

🤔

No. Would have preferred Walters have signed JSK. Great young player gone. Then bring in Elimimian? That move wouldn't make a lot of sense.

2 hours ago, Jaxon said:

I hope you are correct, but I just don't think Regina has enough hotel rooms to host the Grey Cup.    I've been to 20 cups, and the last 16 in a row.   I've been to 2 in Regina, but I couldn't get hotel rooms either time.  So had to drive in from Yorkton or Brandon.   Just went to the game, not my normal extended visit to parties/pubs etc due to lack of rooms.   The last one in Regina was the worst Grey Cup I've been to by far, dis-organized, chaotic, and it wasn't the usual National Event, it had the feel of being strictly a provincial event.   I'm aware that there are many Grey Cup regulars from across the country that feel the same way about Regina hosting.   I'm hoping the new stadium rectifies some of the problems, but if I can't get a hotel room, it's likely that my streak will be broken.    I booked my Calgary room months ago, as I usually book 1 year in advance.  

Caveat to this rant:  if the Bombers are in, I'm going.

I heard a report on the news that there is over 900 new hotels rooms in or around Regina since the last grey cup.