Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

seeing that....Walters should be in his ear...options to flip ratio...or help with ratio

Definitely a ratio changer BUT I don't like this guys injury history....Sat out a whole season down there and then comes up lame after he returns???Maybe a spate of bad luck.... He could also be worth the risk....we'll see if Kyle shows any interest

Free agency was kind of frustrating - but I really do see the Bombers in a massive position of strength moving forward

There will 99.9% be a 'Bighill level' signing before the season - I think Ackie or someone like that...  there's just not many teams left that haven't blown their capspace - maybe Bombers, Sask and RedBlacks...  TO if Ray is gone...

Yeah that's the one rub..some injury issues...but then again was it just bad luck?..People clamoured the same way about Neuf but he hasn't missed a game in the last what25..26 games he started since 2017 and last year with play-offs

Bouka would be an easy choice for safety, but also field corner too, and hey if we get lucky and sign him..say Ackie and Jones/Conteh prove worthy at safety we could conceivably have 2 Nationals in the defensive backfield or one at safety and one at sam, with adequate in game depth/rotation...You would have to think Bouka and Ackie would both be starters somewhere (Sam and Corner) as well as Jones or Conteh at safety...nice flexability...

Elimimian anyone ? 

Jeffcoat - Bryant - Thomas - Jefferson
   Bighill - Elimimian - Gaitor/Fenner

or loading up the box: 

Jeffcoat - Bryant - Thomas - Jefferson - Roh
              Bighill - Elimimian 

🤔

Edited by M.O.A.B.

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah that's the one rub..some injury issues...but then again was it just bad luck?..People clamoured the same way about Neuf but he hasn't missed a game in the last what25..26 games he started since 2017 and last year with play-offs

Bouka would be an easy choice for safety, but also field corner too, and hey if we get lucky and sign him..say Ackie and Jones/Conteh prove worthy at safety we could conceivably have 2 Nationals in the defensive backfield or one at safety and one at sam, with adequate in game depth/rotation...You would have to think Bouka and Ackie would both be starters somewhere (Sam and Corner) as well as Jones or Conteh at safety...nice flexability...

I think loading up on pass rush/DL and starting two NI’s in the secondary is a great strategy.    Don’t even have to be pricey NI’s.  Anyone playing field corner is giving a 15 yard cushion, just need someone who can play the ball a little and tackle.

8 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

#BCLions are exploring trade possibilities for Solomon Elimimian & David Foucault, per sources. Nothing is imminent. GM Ed Hervey declined comment. He did say at the Reilly signing that fans could expect the team to have to part with some familiar names. @cfl @CFLonTSN @TSN1040

You mean there are consequences to blowing your wad in free agency?

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

We all knew BC would pay later for spending early. 

Teams have the option of waiting out the BC Lions. They will have to make the first moves.

Depending on the contract situations and bonuses, a team could get a real steal here. I bet Hervey has some suitors. I'm thinking the Riders would have interest in Elimimian and Foucault. 

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

hey if they're too tight to the cap they gotta sell off guys I'd play hardball and give up less than a first. Make Hervey regret spending like a drunken sailor. 

Dropping elimimian seems like a ridiculous move after some of their signings 

free agency sure makes bighill contract look sweet for three years though...

Edited by Floyd