Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

Jovon Johnson has left a broad hint that all was not sweetness in the Rider locker room in a note on his blog:

"

JJ_Thank_2.JPG

"My teammates! We went to war everyday! We built a bond although very dysfunctional it was incredible to put together the on field performance for the fans, but behind the scenes there is work to do. I hope you all find it in your heart to put the differences aside and put it all together next season!"

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That whole organization under Jones & Murphy was dysfunctional. I think Craig Dickenson will bring some stability & reason to the locker room.  He's a pretty low key guy who isn't self centred like Jones was.

I think it was a simple as the defense was pissed off and  shitting on the offense for continuously crapping the bed and having to carry the offense. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That whole organization under Jones & Murphy was dysfunctional. I think Craig Dickenson will bring some stability & reason to the locker room.  He's a pretty low key guy who isn't self centred like Jones was.

I know my mother agrees with this (and so do I). I think Jones brought a sense that he could do anything but really failed to deliver. He sold a bill of goods to Rider fans, who still defend him and his moves, but ultimately, it was a house of cards - completely unstable. He's a good DC. Maybe, he's an 'okay' HC but he ain't no GM and certainly not all three. 

Question is, can Dickenson actually deliver or is he just the rebound HC? How long can last? I think he'll be a better HC than O'Day is a GM but Dickenson falls first. 

16 hours ago, Tracker said:

Jovon Johnson has left a broad hint that all was not sweetness in the Rider locker room in a note on his blog:

"

JJ_Thank_2.JPG

"My teammates! We went to war everyday! We built a bond although very dysfunctional it was incredible to put together the on field performance for the fans, but behind the scenes there is work to do. I hope you all find it in your heart to put the differences aside and put it all together next season!"

Prider reaction..

1.It's garbage. Media trouble making.

2. pfft name one locker room where everything's peachy .What an overreaction. 

3. Rantings of a malcontent.

No worries they all work

It's a sweet gig. They're with you all the way...they all see your talents and strengths because they're an intelligent fan base ..got to the mattresses to defend you. ...when times are good...start losing ? Gawd help you...they'll know exactly whats wrong with you. ..again,  because they're an intelligent fanbase.

A note for Bomber attendance,  I am in the process of purchasing a home that is 8 hours closer to the peg.  So I will be able to attend more games this season,  as well as encourage more of my family to attend with me...... it may not pay for a top tier recievers salary....but it's a start !  I can't wait ! 

GO BOMBERS !