Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm curious, now that Reilly is all but sold to BC, if Edm takes the big $$$ offer they'd planned for him and goes all in on BLM. Would be easier to move a couple hours north on the QE2 than all the way out to TO...

I really think think BLM ends up in TO - the league will 'help' with some magical salary structure so in 'actuality' he ends up with $900k or something crazy...

Then Duron Carter shockingly unretires.

19 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Ironically, BC could pay Reilly 700K and still miss the playoffs. They have done a poor job protecting their QBs in recent years, and he has got some wear & tear on him by now. 

I mean, Edmonton missed the playoffs with Reilly last year.  Having him on the roster doesn’t guruantee a thing.

most likely...he got into the self preservation habit of ducking and chucking...not setting himself properly, or going through reads like he should have...so lots of errant throws prior to routes developing, and lots of bad timed pick's...

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

It does make me wonder if Jennings would have developed better if he wasn't running for his life so often.

it's POSSIBLE, but I really don't think he's a smart enough QB to figure it out. He's a run-first QB anyhow, so maybe that situation was the best one possible for him. With a quality OL, he could sit in the pocket and not do much of anything anyhow...

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Eskimos CEO Len Rhodes sees the writing on the wall and flees the coop, leaving Sunderland and Maas to deal with the blood, feathers and the eventual slaughter....

https://edmontonsun.com/sports/football/cfl/edmonton-eskimos/edmonton-eskimos-ceo-len-rhodes-to-exit-organization-feb-20

Great line.