Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

Top Canadian prospects will still be competing....these international adds just means more players at the combine, and I bet of all the affiliations...you maybe might see 1...maybe 2 make it to a TC on a couple teams....but if it increases exposure..revenue possibilities etc....whats it hurt...rather have the Commish be progressive and think outside the box then have another Orridge or someone who has no clue

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Top Canadian prospects will still be competing....these international adds just means more players at the combine, and I bet of all the affiliations...you maybe might see 1...maybe 2 make it to a TC on a couple teams....but if it increases exposure..revenue possibilities etc....whats it hurt...rather have the Commish be progressive and think outside the box then have another Orridge or someone who has no clue

I think progressive would be working on a stadium deal in Atlantic Canada, strengthening USports brand recognition/CFL connection and get some kind of player/market deal with the Big Ten...

Its nice to develop Europe but the NFL is actively pushing the Canadian market...  this feels more like 'retreating'...

The man is doing things to give the CFL more exposure and opening up possibities for future development of players, and more importantly, revenue streams. 

Better than sitting and waiting for the football world to pass us by while we wait for things to happen.

We need more forward thinking like this. Absolutely no harm in talking and exploring this avenue.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

it's funny because go to the Rider site and say something similar and you are attacked relentlessly...called juvenile names...usually banned....quite the difference 

Are you aware of a phenomenon called "displacement"? That's where you take something you hate about self and find it in others. Judging from some of the postings at RF, several have the collective intelligence of dryer lint.

https://www.tsn.ca/ambrosie-secures-four-more-international-deals-1.1253829

Other elements of the agreement include:

— Developing additional coaching exchanges.

— Finding ways for doctors and physical therapists on both sides to share knowledge and practices.

— Seeking joint business opportunities in broadcast, digital and gaming circles, That includes the potential development of a Nordic edition of the 'CFL Football Frenzy,' app.

"There is so much we can do together and learn from one another," said Lars Carlsen, Athletic Director of the Danish football federation.

Carlsen, the head coach of Denmark's national team, attended the B.C. Lions' training camp last year.

"There are opportunities to grow the game across the board," added Jorgen Benestad-Johansen, Sports Manager of the Norwegian football federation who also served as a guest coach with the Western Mustangs.

The four federations boast 149 clubs and 10,900 total players.

33 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I think progressive would be working on a stadium deal in Atlantic Canada, strengthening USports brand recognition/CFL connection and get some kind of player/market deal with the Big Ten...

Its nice to develop Europe but the NFL is actively pushing the Canadian market...  this feels more like 'retreating'...

Stadium deals has nothing to do with the commish. And I don't know, maybe it's just me. But typically when I think of "progressive" my mind goes to things that are rather new or haven't been tried before. Not doing very similar things the league and other commissioners have tried multiple times with varying degrees of success.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

The man is doing things to give the CFL more exposure and opening up possibities for future development of players, and more importantly, revenue streams. 

Better than sitting and waiting for the football world to pass us by while we wait for things to happen.

We need more forward thinking like this. Absolutely no harm in talking and exploring this avenue.

I'd sure like to know what these revenue streams are...  We keep hearing the catch phrase "revenue streams" but right now it's just kind of nebulous. We have no clue what it means. 

1 hour ago, DR. CFL said:

Whether the Stadium deal has or has not. Anything to do with the Comish isn’t really the point. The CFL got too far ahead on this expansion without any real foundation as to if or how this stadium was going to get built. A 6,000 person interest level on tickets is hardly a basis to believe this is viable. 

Six thousand is a joke. If that was anywhere but Toronto alarm bells would be going off.

Just now, gcn11 said:

Ambrosie spotted heading just West of Arborg. Going to form an alliance with the Morweena Mennonite Football League. Might offer up the next jersey contract to the ladies to sweeten the pot. Fabric Barn get ready.....

I was just in Arborg and I believe it's actually "Family Fabrics". Get it right!

48 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Ambrosie spotted heading just West of Arborg. Going to form an alliance with the Morweena Mennonite Football League. Might offer up the next jersey contract to the ladies to sweeten the pot. Fabric Barn get ready.....

Inwood Swamp Devils vs the Narcisse Snakes