Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

51 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

There's a Chicken Chef in Ashern too.

No see they have a big goose, Ashern has a big Sharptail Grouse

Well that grouse looks like they took the Lundar goose and splattered white paint on it's belly. Maybe Eriksdale can go to Poplarfield and steal their King Buck and offer some definition in statues between Lundar and Ashern. That way when you fall asleep in Lundar and wake up half way to Ashern you will know the difference between the two pretty much identical towns by which side of the Buck you are on..

Edited by gcn11

My family is from Moosehorn. One of the first family to homestead there in the very early 20th century. Their house where my dad was born in 1916 & where he grew up about 5 miles from town is on display in the centre of town. I've never seen it & one of these days I'd like to drive up there to see it.

14 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

No doubt. I saw a page and a half of comments and thought something big happened in the league.....turns out it was arguing over a bunch of bird statues :) 

Yep. We need the Riders to make stupid move to get this thread back on track. 

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

I predict that Ambrosie will go down as another epic CFL Commish fail...

Spending lots of $$ on his world tour - on a league that needs to build its grassroots support first...

I'm waiting for the announcement that negotiations have begun with Outer Slobovia for a partnership agreement.

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

My family is from Moosehorn. One of the first family to homestead there in the very early 20th century. Their house where my dad was born in 1916 & where he grew up about 5 miles from town is on display in the centre of town. I've never seen it & one of these days I'd like to drive up there to see it.

Isn't that pretty close to Moose Jaw?

34 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Ummmmm. Where have you been? Li was living in Winnipeg for almost 2 years and is now a completely free man....

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

A sad backstory about Li- he was dumped out of Edmonton's "mental health" system as a cost-cutting measure. He was given a few anti-psychotic meds, a prescription for more, $100 and a bus ticket to Winnipeg.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

A sad backstory about Li- he was dumped out of Edmonton's "mental health" system as a cost-cutting measure. He was given a few anti-psychotic meds, a prescription for more, $100 and a bus ticket to Winnipeg.

Wow I never knew that...