Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

That's my understanding. I would also imagine that MOS is on the bottom have of HCs, given his lack of experience and success (relative to others). 

I believe his stock has risen substantially seeing his record of the past 3 seasons. He would have to be closer to one of the highest paid head coaches in a new contract.  He'd be a sought after HC if he left after this season. I think a new contract will reflect that.

46 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Former #Riders coach Chris Jones was trying to land NCAA jobs, #Schooners gig https://3downnation.com/2019/01/28/former-riders-coach-chris-jones-was-trying-to-land-ncaa-jobs-schooners-gig/ … #CFL via @JDunk12

Some REALLY interesting stuff in here...

#fakenews

-All Rider Fans

"FU Austin, FU Burris...you want respect from us you gotta show loyalty. ..can't just up and leave..gotta have Green and White in your veins...we're not like everyone else...somethin you'll  never understand...

"Golly. Mr. Jones, an NFL job ?, good luck, all the best, never forget you, need a ride to the airport" ??

Same fanbase.

8 minutes ago, Zontar said:

"FU Austin, FU Burris...you want respect from us you gotta show loyalty. ..can't just up and leave..gotta have Green and White in your veins...we're not like everyone else...somethin you'll  never understand...

"Golly. Mr. Jones, an NFL job ?, good luck, all the best, never forget you, need a ride to the airport" ??

Same fanbase.

Some interesting bickering on Riderfans, with the delusional rabid fans claiming that this was no big deal, that the Riders will be better off, that Jones walked on water but will be easy to replace etc.

12 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Some interesting bickering on Riderfans, with the delusional rabid fans claiming that this was no big deal, that the Riders will be better off, that Jones walked on water but will be easy to replace etc.

Defending Jones is still official policy of the Gatekeepers over there. Hard to admit you've been screwed and abandoned I guess.  Thought there would be cracks by now. But this won't last.

Just now, Zontar said:

Defending Jones is still official policy of the Gatekeepers over there. Hard to admit you've been screwed and abandoned I guess.  Thought there would be cracks by now. But this won't last.

There are or rather have been a surprising number of Rider fans critical of Jones but they are threatened, suspended and/or turfed. Dissension is not to be tolerated.

The mods and their handpicked half a dozen internet tuff guys, bully every member over there into submission. Support their views or face the ban hammer. I have never seen such disrespect and abuse of a forum by it's own moderators in any forum...anywhere. CRF is just completely blinded by the traffic it creates. Doesn't care that most of his forum members lost loyalty to his forum. Somebody will start a rival Rider forum someday and will take a ton of his active members with them to get away form the likes of Rider Stronson, BSD, VoR, and the other bullies. When they all leave the clique will eat it's own.

When I was a member there a couple years ago, they would constantly try goad me into banning offences that violated their own code of conduct....and it was the mods doing it.

Edited by gcn11

4 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

The mods and their handpicked half a dozen internet tuff guys, bully every member over there into submission. Support their views or face the ban hammer. I have never seen such disrespect and abuse of a forum by it's own moderators in any forum...anywhere. CRF is just completely blinded by the traffic it creates. Doesn't care that most of his forum members lost loyalty to his forum. Somebody will start a rival Rider forum someday and will take a ton of his active members with them to get away form the likes of Rider Stronson, BSD, VoR, and the other bullies. When they all leave the clique will eat it's own.

Sounds familiar.

36 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

When I was a member there a couple years ago, they would constantly try goad me into banning offences that violated their own code of conduct....and it was the mods doing it.

It's been tried. Ask Migs.

13 hours ago, Zontar said:

It's been tried. Ask Migs.

Migs attempting to start his own forum isn't exactly a step up. Also, different time. Over the past 3 years a lot of sentiment has changed over at Riderfans because of the shenanigans of the Jonestown Fort defence. Many quality members were squashed over there for failing to toe the line, and there are a ton of members over there that are not to happy about it. When I was over there, before the site crash, I used to get PMs from many members of the forum apologizing for the behavior of some of the more prominent members.

14 hours ago, gcn11 said:

I was on a bomber board that was just like that.  Am I ever glad I found this Bomber board.

21 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

No...it was not just like that. I disagree with your banning over there, but you didn't help yourself out either.

I was just being honest and discussing things...... I suppose the similarities fir me between the two boards,  are the way the mods handled it.  

2 hours ago, jazzsax said:

I say we start a riders board! And then let it be one bad ass free for all. 

And then use the advertising revenue to buy a badass sign right outside of Mosaic.

And then troll the **** out of all of Saskatchewan.

Sorry, but I'm cruel. :)

Being cruel means you never have to say you're sorry.

On 2019-01-28 at 4:37 PM, gcn11 said:

It's only a handful. There are many who are good to chat with. The ones yelling troll every chance they get are to be avoided. 

How long is your ban for? 😋