Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

9 minutes ago, do or die said:

Lapo is now completely reconciled to staying on.....after finding a case of Booster Juice in his bed.....

Swallowing all that pride and anger. Giving up his dream job to coach Canada's Team to honour a dreary contract.

You know, the word "hero" gets thrown around a lot but....

The delusion over there is so thick.....

They actually think the Lapo thing is not done yet and that they still have a chance to get him to come to the Riders...

Others are now wanting Glanville... why would Hamilton say yes after Ottawa and Winnipeg denied. Hire from within. Spend the year fumbling and bumbling around. Axe the guys you dont want next year and rebuild. Is it really that difficult to comprehend?

21 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Well then..... all the power to them!

He is 69-93 as a HC in the NFL and college. And hasnt been a HC since 09.

Those stats look like what the riders points for-against will look like after a few games next year. 

7-11 season for the priders coming up. You heard it here first!

2 minutes ago, jazzsax said:

Those stats look like what the riders points for-against will look like after a few games next year. 

7-11 season for the priders coming up. You heard it here first!

I too have gazed into my crystal ball regarding the Riders and it is bleak....very bleak.

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Who is going to QB the Riders?

Biggest reason they wanted Elizondo is they thought he would bring Trevor Harris (pending FA) with him....now, that's pretty much shot. They're going to have a mess of a time, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Kevin Glenn starting there on Day 1. No way Reilly wants to go there with the mess they've got. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

read this on Twitter this morning and snorted....not sure there's a GD thing over there I'd want in exchange for Lapo at this point, and I honestly don't think Lapo is all that important...

2020 and 2021 1st round picks, 2022 3rd round pick that becomes 1st round if Lapo wins a Grey Cup with the Riders in 19, 20 or 21.

That would be my offer.  The only reason I care about Lapo heading elsewhere at this juncture is he knows all the secrets that would be useful to another team in free agency, draft etc.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules