Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

15 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I say we keep him as a $70,000/year Blue Bomber mascot on the sidelines... let him throw those little nerf footballs in the stands whenever we score. With so many receivers surely someone will be open.

The first row will be the only row getting any of the balls.

Sure would be nice to hear from Paul and right from the horses mouth ...so to speak.....Who's Farhans source close to Lapolice.....the fly in his pants...This guy has been out to lunch on so many occasions it's hard to believe his take is credible ..Once again I'd like to hear straight from Paul on how upset he is...

Why the hell should the Bomber organization aid and abet that bunch....Their beloved Jonesie left them high and dry and somehow we should pay for it...Like the old guy on Airfarce used to say.......GET STUFFED

Edited by Stickem

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a big story. I can understand why LaPo would be upset and I'm sure Elizondo felt similar as well. 

But still, everyone including LaPo needs to also understand the situation.

If Jones leaving this late in the offseason was such a big blow to the Riders, why would any other team WILLINGLY bring that on themselves too?

8 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Sure would be nice to hear from Paul and right from the horses mouth ...so to speak.....Who's Farhans source close to Lapolice.....the fly in his pants...This guy has been out to lunch on so many occasions it's hard to believe his take is credible ..Once again I'd like to hear straight from Paul on how upset he is...

Sure doesn't sound like something Paul would do, he's too smart to ruffle feathers.  Awaiting his concise response.

I have no problem with Walters denying permission. It's 2 weeks until FA and all of a sudden 2 months of plans change overnight if the OC is gone. 

It's not Walters responsibility to appease his subordinates, it's his responsibility to field the best team he can. If Lapo wanted a HC job he could have had it 2 months ago. Shoulda woulda coulda.
Is it Walters fault that Jones walked and left a divisional organization in shambles in almost February? Christ no.

This is just business and I think Walters did the best thing for the club. 

Edited by Dr Zaius

LaPo's been a HC in this league. He's been an assistant for a long time as well so I'mpretty sure he knows the score. If he doesn't understand the situation then he isn't very smart or very naïve. Why would the Bombers just let him walk away now? If he's upset you have to ask why? They let him interview for the Argos HC position so saying that the team is denying him the opportunity to be a HC is completely false.