Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

42 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well **** him.  I hope he rots wanting to play One. More. Year.

The guy is a jerk.. However...  He did the bombers a huge favor.  Perhaps without having his salary freed up it would have been spent elsewhere and we wouldn't have been able to sign and later extend Bighill.  Had he not done what he did Steveler would have a whole lot less experience now than he has and I would argue he helped the team more last season than Durant would have or an alternative to Durant like Kevin Glenn would have.  It really worked out well for the Bombers and poorly for Durant lol

Ah, "Doubles"

Essentially the same guy, same attitude, same everything ....yet in the good ol days any criticism of " better than Lancaster" from inside Prider world and outside , media critics too, was shouted down and crushed if repeated. For years.

Now it's anything goes.

Priders are truly shameless .

6 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

$70k is gone. 

He's looking for a new team to give him $70k .... I mean steal from.

No one will sign him after what he did. The CFL GMs are a closed society. They may compete but they're all friends. He wrote his own ticket outta town when he stole that $70,000.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Hoping the Bombers will follow suit and deny request to interview Lapo by the Criders.

RedBlacks (Desjardins) taking a beating on twitter for denying the Riders permission to speak to Elizondo.  All tweets saying Desjardins is being petty & unfair by not allowing him an opportunity to be a HC.  They must all be Rider fans. It's nearly February & why should Ottawa hurt themselves to help Saskatchewan?

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

RedBlacks (Desjardins) taking a beating on twitter for denying the Riders permission to speak to Elizondo.  All tweets saying Desjardins is being petty & unfair by not allowing him an opportunity to be a HC.  They must all be Rider fans. It's nearly February & why should Ottawa hurt themselves to help Saskatchewan?

The thought of the Bombers denying them an interview with LaPo is already giving me a woody.

17 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I thought it was reported that the Bombers have already given LaPo the ok to interview with Saskatchewan?

I think its just an soeculation from these guys:

Darrell Davis

Darrell Davis
@DarellDavisSK
During on-air discussion with my buddy Geoff Currier, said he was told by #Bombers official that OC Paul LaPolice is free to discuss now-vacant HC job with #Riders. LaPo was Grey Cup-winning asst coach in 2007.
Edited by M.O.A.B.

They have no qb, have lost several key pieces from last year's team already, and the next HC is stuck with the coaching staff that's already there.  I'm fairly confident that when you factor that stuff in and combine it with the fact that LaPolice and his family have a pretty good situation here, it's going to have to be one heck of an offer to get him to willing jump into a Regina dumpster fire 

If the riders were head over heels on hiring Lapolice, then why did they approach Ottawa first....Maybe they know they don't have a chance in hell of convincing Paul to move to that tire fire....Far too late in the year to start filling important positions and I don't blame Ottawa...They're stuck and a hire from within is most likely their only route...We should hear a commitment from Lapo soon or if not we're going to be left with our jocks blowing in the breeze

On 2019-01-18 at 11:46 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nah, he showed his true character. That he can't be trusted. He's a liar. He wants to still play? Pay the $ back or let him rot. Teach him a real lesson.

I say we keep him as a $70,000/year Blue Bomber mascot on the sidelines... let him throw those little nerf footballs in the stands whenever we score. With so many receivers surely someone will be open.