Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was saying to 17to85 last night that, based on how angry MOS seemed about the whole thing last year, I wouldn't put it past him to strap 'em on one game just for the chance to lay out DD...

It would be interesting to watch both of them with their walkers.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Nice try but Jones was not hired by the Browns organization but his buddy Freddy Kitchens who was hired as the Browns H.C. on Jan. 12th, it may not have been a sure thing that Kitchens would get the job but chances are he had discussions with Jones about the matter prior to that date.  If there was any chance of leaving Jones should have rightfully delayed signing his contract extension and those of his coordinators until the door was officially closed.  This did not come out of the blue as many Rider supporters are claiming.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

You think he put that out clause in there on a whim? Guy knew damned well there was a possibility of going to the NFL and he hedged his bets. 

obviously none of us know how this actually went down... I'm not going by what "rider supporters claim", I'm going by what Dave Naylor reported... and I consider him a reliable source...

but I did say I was skeptical that is came together as quickly as Naylor describes...

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

O'Day says all coaches are on a 1-year contract and that the new coach will have to inherit those coaches, but "interest in this job has been great".....yahuh.....

Things are awesome. 

Your best defender is a FA. <- That's okay, we got lots of other players around (just ask us where we keep 'em! :)

You have no QB. <- Opportunity knocks to attract and mould your own!

You're stuck with our current coaches. <- Lots of coaches around to tell you where to find good coffee in town!  EDIT: Or, should I say, turnkey operation!

Edited by JCon

19 hours ago, Noeller said:

“I’ll leave that up to the fans. Let’s do a poll and see how they feel about it and we’ll go from there, Durant said on CJME 980 The Green Zone hosted by Jaime Nye.

“We’ll see how that goes. I know that there are a lot of people that would love me.”

https://3downnation.com/2019/01/17/darian-durant-on-possible-riders-return-a-lot-of-people-would-love-me/

The poll has spoken, douchebag.  Time to go away.  Like, yesterday.  

^^^ I just wanna point out that I posted this on Wednesday when all this went down.....but I did steal it from him via FB Messenger........thooooo.....he stole it from Reddit. So there...make of it what you will, so long as you don't give him any credit. His ego's big enough...

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

^^^ I just wanna point out that I posted this on Wednesday when all this went down.....but I did steal it from him via FB Messenger........thooooo.....he stole it from Reddit. So there...make of it what you will, so long as you don't give him any credit. His ego's big enough...

that is simply not true. I am the most humble person you wouldn't believe it. 

10 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I hope that Jones left a case of water-based personal lubricant behind because the Riders are screwed for the upcoming season at least.

Is there a major reason you hope for "water-based" as opposed to anything else ?...... based on experiences maybe ?...... jus curious

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

Riderfans...

Jeremy O'Day was so awesome today..was he always this awesome and we just didn't notice?

Discuss..

LOL. Cue the usual Rider vitriol.

It's amusing though, they still keep talking about me over there. Ban hammers supreme. Gonna have to setup a proxy and create a new account to mess with them. Maybe I will call it DDBack42019