Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

58 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Label your post a rumour. Now let's hear it...

Well, the RUMOUR is that during the hot Mike fiasco, he was talking about Reynolds. "incompetent" was about the nicest thing he mentioned. The feeling is that, under the previous management, Rod was a lot more in the loop and he was unhappy with being held at an arms length.

The real kicker was when he was gossiping about Reynolds having an affair with a junior staff member in the organization. 

Again, this coming from someone who says he knows someone - so huge grain of salt.

15 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Well, the RUMOUR is that during the hot Mike fiasco, he was talking about Reynolds. "incompetent" was about the nicest thing he mentioned. The feeling is that, under the previous management, Rod was a lot more in the loop and he was unhappy with being held at an arms length.

The real kicker was when he was gossiping about Reynolds having an affair with a junior staff member in the organization. 

Again, this coming from someone who says he knows someone - so huge grain of salt.

Sounds credible.

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I met Robin Ross when he was HC at Western Washington in Bellingham, WA. My son was considering playing there. We had some discussions & he may have gone there but WW dropped their football program suddenly & that ended that. Ultimately, Simon Fraser took their place.  My son ended up playing at SFU three years later so in a sense he did kind of play there.  A lot of alumni involved with SFU never understood why the AD at SFU never hired Ross. He knew the Conference SFU played in, the teams & he knew how to win. He was available & the AD at the time hired other guys with no success. 

His resume commands a measure of respect for sure.

I hope Durant wants to come back and play somewhere...and glad we hung onto him and I hope we play hardball for the crap he pulled...and as well for the Juvenile comments he made on twitter. We hold his rights...so if he wants to play somewhere as teams will have a need..tell him to go negotiate a deal, and then we will trade his arse for something of value..we have him over a barrel so to speak, and a desperate team may look to move an asset or something of value

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

I hope Durant wants to come back and play somewhere...and glad we hung onto him and I hope we play hardball for the crap he pulled...and as well for the Juvenile comments he made on twitter. We hold his rights...so if he wants to play somewhere as teams will have a need..tell him to go negotiate a deal, and then we will trade his arse for something of value..we have him over a barrel so to speak, and a desperate team may look to move an asset or something of value

Could we get a bag of new footballs for DD?

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Nobody's going to trade for DD when he'll be a FA on Feb 15...

I don't believe he will be...he's on the suspended/retired list as he for a lack of a better term "quit" on his team.....so if he ever decides to come back to play again down the road...he still owes that one year. Thats how it has been for ever, unless something has changed...bout doubt it...that is why we kept his rights

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I don't believe he will be...he's on the suspended/retired list as he for a lack of a better term "quit" on his team.....so if he ever decides to come back to play again down the road...he still owes that one year. Thats how it has been for ever, unless something has changed...bout doubt it...that is why we kept his rights

So... we own his ass? He can't play for another team until we say it's cool?

“I’ll leave that up to the fans. Let’s do a poll and see how they feel about it and we’ll go from there, Durant said on CJME 980 The Green Zone hosted by Jaime Nye.

“We’ll see how that goes. I know that there are a lot of people that would love me.”

https://3downnation.com/2019/01/17/darian-durant-on-possible-riders-return-a-lot-of-people-would-love-me/

Just now, Noeller said:

“I’ll leave that up to the fans. Let’s do a poll and see how they feel about it and we’ll go from there, Durant said on CJME 980 The Green Zone hosted by Jaime Nye.

“We’ll see how that goes. I know that there are a lot of people that would love me.”

https://3downnation.com/2019/01/17/darian-durant-on-possible-riders-return-a-lot-of-people-would-love-me/

Apart from the legalities, Durant would have been better than anyone else the Riders had behind center this past season. But that's a pretty low bar.

3 hours ago, Zontar said:

I'd respect Riderfans more if they just came clean on what exactly their relationship with the team is..but they won't. 

Appendage of SSKs online presence carefully filtering and spreading team directives? or just a passionate independent  fan board ?

Can't be both

Apparently from what I've seen on twitter, Pederson has been hired as an on air sports personality at the Fan 960 here in Calgary which will probably go over like a lead balloon as he has criticized both Stamps fans & the players for years. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Oh God. He sounds like he thinks he’s going to be in such demand he’ll get to choose where he goes. 

I hope booch is correct about his rights. He needs a reality check.

Yeah..we own him..if he was able to slither off you would have guys pulling that crap all the time.. if someone wants him..or more so if he is just itching to get back..well then the bombers should make all parties involved pay..