Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

The only way I see Lapo jumping is if he thinks this is his ONLY chance at another HC job ever. Otherwise, he's likely thinking that the West is a LOT weaker this year, and the Bombers are primed for a 1st place finish....seems like an easier job than taking over the tire fire to the west.

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Wild week in Regina. Sounds like Rod Pederson is done at CKRM and as the Riders cover guy.  I have no details or idea why. 

I was *JUST* gonna post this. 

Apparently has to do with something he said on a podcast. Must have pissed someone off bigtime.

CAN TODAY GET ANY BETTER?????

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Sorry but I just have to ask...... this news really warrants being called " wild" for Regina ?

Wild, no.  I guess unexpected in a way. I thought it odd yesterday when the news broke that Jones was gone that Pederson wasn't on the radio to announce it. It was a pretty big story and he just so happened to not be there to break it

Just now, Ripper said:

Wild, no.  I guess unexpected in a way. I thought it odd yesterday when the news broke that Jones was gone that Pederson wasn't on the radio to announce it. It was a pretty big story and he just so happened to not be there to break it

I would say it's a pretty wild week in Regina. Jones out after re-upping and Pederson, the ultimate homer, out. 

I mean, it's the third week in January, so the bar might be low for "wild". 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

RP not fired.....taking a new gig. Interesting times in The Gap, for sure...

Dude, read rf. It's pretty clear he was let go, or given the option to resign or be let go, but the public statement is just to save face. He did something, and was cut plain and simple. 

North Korea might try make it sound like something different, but it's pretty much a given he effed up. 

Especially when he's not even announcing what the opportunity is (read between the lines... still needs to get hired. 

5 minutes ago, jazzsax said:

Dude, read rf. It's pretty clear he was let go, or given the option to resign or be let go, but the public statement is just to save face. He did something, and was cut plain and simple. 

North Korea might try make it sound like something different, but it's pretty much a given he effed up. 

Especially when he's not even announcing what the opportunity is (read between the lines... still needs to get hired. 

I think this is the first time I've ever heard someone from this board say "If you want the REAL story, go to Riderfanns.com!"

Just now, Noeller said:

I think this is the first time I've ever heard someone from this board say "If you want the REAL story, go to Riderfanns.com!"

LOL, well they had already placed a gag order on it well before Penison posted his "statement". Everyone knew it was coming, and they wanted to avoid names being mentioned about the incident in question.

If the banjo pickin inbreds are already locking it down and no one is questioning it otherwise, you know it has some truth to it. :)

21 minutes ago, jazzsax said:

Bahahaha. 

Well apparently because I made a comment in the bighill thread and another one reminding riderfans that they currently lack a GM / HC, Pbp/Fanboy, and QB, I have now been permanently banned by riderfans.com

NORTH KOREA AT ITS FINEST! :)

I got it quick there last year.... what a weak bunch.

17 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I got it quick there last year.... what a weak bunch.

Yup- very thin skinned over there. 

I mean... the **** that they say about other teams ad nauseum (which is fine, it is a local sports teams fan board) but man can they NOT take it in return. 

The site is a good one (if you are a rider fan) and an alright one if you are not, but wow- ease up on the ban hammer -especially if it's a rebuttal to a slight against a team not named riders... that just shouts "insecure".

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy