Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

I would assume the Bombers - and pretty much all the other teams - would not let the Riders take an assistant at this point. If they do want LaPolice, I feel more likely they'll have to wait at least until next offseason.

Said it before and I'll say it again on Richie Hall - if you are rooting for the Bombers to lose him, you are working off a 2017 viewpoint and haven't updated it from last season. With Bighill back I am really, really excited to see that defense again.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

and to think...earlier today they were predicting a 3 win season for us next year as an efect of the Bighill signing....now ain't that a funny dose of karma

That was one dude over there making that prediction.....that's all that guy does is talk out his azz,  if he can't handle a comment he wants you booted.... the rulk is a joke, a big fat green joke.  

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have no problem with Jones wanting to better himself but he signed a contract extension & should honour his commitment., There should be no "outs". if he wants a new contract okay then he got one then he can't leave. 

At least he had the balls to get an out clause in his contract this time, unlike the other times when he just up and left. 

16 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Yeah, that might be the direction I'd go, if I were them. Lapo or Trestman.

Best case scenario is they hire from within, have the same crappy offense with McAdoo, and a much weaker defense without Jones.

Macadoo's meal ticket just left.  Now we can skid him

Doesn't matter, the brain trust over in Riderville has already determined that Lapo should be the next coach... and the Bombers shouldn't hold him back... and, if they did, they would poison the team... and how can the Bombers do that... and definitely Lapo wants to come... and why are the Bombers holding him back... and there's no trust in MOS if they hold him back... 

At some point, it just becomes easier to stab yourself in the eye with a pencil. Less painful. 

Rider fans running around lighting their green hair on fire...LOL....Looks good on them BUT worrisome for the league and especially us IF Lapolice pulls the pin....I can't see anyone falling over themselves to take on a team with a lot of holes...It was a late call by Edm. to try and hire Noel Thorpe awhile back and it was kiboshed ...Good luck to the green guys hiring anyone from outside their franchise right now....Most likely a promo from in

Doubt that Lapo would want to go there with all the uncertainty..at least this year, and I doubt even more that we would allow the Riders to even talk to him at this juncture of the season..with draft coming up...coaching rosters set, and being close to camp...and having to re-install a new coordinator...and especially the fact that the Riders may have slim pickings at best for a QB  solution...why would a guy want to drop into that mess mid-stream and basically set himself up for failure?..only an idiot would allow a coach to leave now...and only an idiot who is established with a good gig for 2019 would want that....and only an idiot would give a guy (jones) all the hats he wore with his proven track record of being all for him and leaving organizations the way he has

Just now, Booch said:

Doubt that Lapo would want to go there with all the uncertainty..at least this year, and I doubt even more that we would allow the Riders to even talk to him at this juncture of the season..with draft coming up...coaching rosters set, and being close to camp...and having to re-install a new coordinator...and especially the fact that the Riders may have slim pickings at best for a QB  solution...why would a guy want to drop into that mess mid-stream and basically set himself up for failure?..only an idiot would allow a coach to leave now...and only an idiot who is established with a good gig for 2019 would want that....and only an idiot would give a guy (jones) all the hats he wore with his proven track record of being all for him and leaving organizations the way he has

Plus would Tina want to leave? Seems like she has more say than Paul. 

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I for one am hoping that he gets promoted to head coach there. 

He wasn't the problem for your offense, he was just the scapegoat for your teams shitty qb situation. 

and piss poor SMS management where you basically stripped down your offence of the previous years play makers to pay for assets on defense and create a very unbalanced squad

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I for one am hoping that he gets promoted to head coach there. 

He wasn't the problem for your offense, he was just the scapegoat for your teams shitty qb situation. 

He is the convenient hire and it might happen. There isn't a ton of time to go into a big search. Unless we just grab some guys from the unemployment line. Trestmen and Benevides 

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Your OC position may be in jeopardy now

highly doubt it this late in the off-season...why would we allow our OC to leave now?..maybe for next year, but only an idiot GM would give permission...and understandably so and nobody would say that Walters would be stalling lapo's career....other than most on Ridersfans...wouldn't you agree?...makes no sense...and not like Lapo is working for chump change here either