Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

On 2019-01-13 at 10:40 AM, Dr Zaius said:

Abandon the city he played most of his career in (Edmonton), pass up the chance to play in Vancouver closer to family, to play in a dump of a small town in Regina? 

while I certainly agree with you that Vancouver and Edmonton are much nicer cities than Regina... when comparing football stadiums... Sask blows those other two out of the water...

20 minutes ago, bearpants said:

while I certainly agree with you that Vancouver and Edmonton are much nicer cities than Regina... when comparing football stadiums... Sask blows those other two out of the water...

Actually...Edmonton's facilities and training/therapy/players amenities/locker room are top notch world class and actually are better than many NFL teams and rival some of the top notch ones...so that statement is totally false on the Edmonton aspect.

Mosaic is sure shinier and newer, but not heads and shoulders above Edmonton...Winnipeg and B.C..Whom also have top notch player amenities..

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Actually...Edmonton's facilities and training/therapy/players amenities/locker room are top notch world class and actually are better than many NFL teams and rival some of the top notch ones...so that statement is totally false on the Edmonton aspect.

Mosaic is sure shinier and newer, but not heads and shoulders above Edmonton...Winnipeg and B.C..Whom also have top notch player amenities..

BC Place was reno'd less than 10 years ago. It's nice too. 

Jones is leaving! Cleveland bound, rumour has it he has been signed in a D. capacity.

CFL News
‏ @CFL_News
2m2 minutes ago

BREAKING:

Sources say #Riders Head Coach Chris Jones has interviewed today with the Cleveland Browns & they are hiring him in a defensive capacity. Details to come. Jones had an NFL out clause in his #CFL contract.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

As funny as it is to see the Riders in turmoil, I'm concerned that Jonesy leaving means the Riders just got better. I was kinda hoping they were going to tie themselves to his crazy for awhile longer and he could really run 'em into the ground but good...

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

As funny as it is to see the Riders in turmoil, I'm concerned that Jonesy leaving means the Riders just got better. I was kinda hoping they were going to tie themselves to his crazy for awhile longer and he could really run 'em into the ground but good...

Yah maybe but who's left on the market for H.C.?  Maybe they'll come after LaPo hard and make him an offer he can't refuse and the Bombers can't come close to matching.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne