Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

Reinebold was not happy at being axed as DC and not retained in another role the last time he was here. Obviously bridges weren't burned like it seemed.

I like him. I like coaches who look like theyre investing intensity even if it's just a personna. 

Edited by Zontar

14 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Reinebold was not happy at being axed as DC and not retained in another role the last time he was here. Obviously bridges weren't burned like it seemed.

I like him. I like coaches who look like theyre investing intensity even if it's just a personna. 

I think he liked working for Wally.  I think that was pretty evident.

On 2019-01-05 at 3:04 PM, Zontar said:

Rubbish.

He was never "the face" at anyntime. His media appearances and interviews here were as rare as hens teeth. When Austin stepped down it was June Jones  24-7.

Austin and Tillman were a tandem so it's only logical when Austin stepped down Tillman's time here was limited.

But eventually you need a gm who you’re comfortable putting out there. The head coach will always do more media than the gm but Kyle Walters still faces the media semi-regularly. It would really concern me if Atlantic Canada brings in Tillman to shape their franchise. In Atlantic Canada with an expansion team he will get an abnormal amount of attention during the first season.  At first it will just be him before coaches are hired. And there will be an expansion draft ect. 

Esks Bryant Mitchell off to the NFL now, too....another great talent gone south...

Also of note, some good Huffer quotes from Penton, talking about the CBA and such. They've given BLM notice that they need to know his plan by FA day at the latest, so that they can decide whether they need to go after a guy like Reilly. 

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Esks Bryant Mitchell off to the NFL now, too....another great talent gone south...

Also of note, some good Huffer quotes from Penton, talking about the CBA and such. They've given BLM notice that they need to know his plan by FA day at the latest, so that they can decide whether they need to go after a guy like Reilly. 

The more teams in for Reilly, the more the price gets driven up. In the short term, that's good for the Bombers. I would imagine, in the long term under a cap system, the market will correct itself back down. 

Reilly is an exceptional talent and this feels like a unique situation. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

The more teams in for Reilly, the more the price gets driven up. In the short term, that's good for the Bombers. I would imagine, in the long term under a cap system, the market will correct itself back down. 

Reilly is an exceptional talent and this feels like a unique situation. 

If the Lions sign Reilly, it'll be that much harder for them to sign Bighill so let the bidding begin. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

I don't think Huff is going to be in on the Reilly Sweep stakes either way. This is just a good idea on his part. Let BC/Edm think there are more teams interested, will drive up their cost hurting them other places. 

If there's no Bo this year I can see Huff making a trade for a younger QB or signing someone like Jennings and surrounding him with a bunch of talent. I don't think there's anyway Huff will pay for Reilly.

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't think Huff is going to be in on the Reilly Sweep stakes either way. This is just a good idea on his part. Let BC/Edm think there are more teams interested, will drive up their cost hurting them other places. 

If there's no Bo this year I can see Huff making a trade for a younger QB or signing someone like Jennings and surrounding him with a bunch of talent. I don't think there's anyway Huff will pay for Reilly.

I'd like to see what Jennings looks like in Dickenson's offense. Great coaching and receivers would elevate his game IMO.