Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

Stubler will be good for Claybrooks...it's who he has based his systems off of and learned under..and what better mind and person to run your system as a new Head coach so you can focus more on the Head Coach duties initially...and know your defense will be handled by probably the best qualified person who knows it...smart move

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

You guys laugh at poor Nik but he was always in good shape despite being thicker than your average receiver.

I'm sure he was in better than average shape for a human, an probably still is.........but in my opinion he played a few years too many,  he looked way too slow out there, and in my opinion he was just hanging around in order to get in the record books.

Not a fan of Nik Lewis's personality, but I sure loved watching a pot bellied receiver still balling out there. Reminds me of me, and my friends, playing oldtimer beer league hockey when every once in a while us old pot bellied pork rind eaters would use our smarts and beat down some young bucks. Puts a little air in your step after.

4 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

In those last couple of years though how many of those catches were him moving maybe 3-4 yards after the snap, And then just standing there waiting until his QB had no other choice but to dump it off to him........ it just got boring to watch.

sounds like he would have been a great fit in the Bombers offence!   would have been Nichols favourite target!

7 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

In those last couple of years though how many of those catches were him moving maybe 3-4 yards after the snap, And then just standing there waiting until his QB had no other choice but to dump it off to him........ it just got boring to watch.

Still needs to get open.

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Still needs to get open.

Many times it appeared he was moving so slow after a snap that the other team wasn't even really watching him..... like they were just leaving him with short yardage gains cause they knew they could catch him quick when they did give it to him.....  

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

Hopefully Stubler and Claybrooks can lure Alex Singleton to BC.. That would be hitting two birds with one stone. Weakens Calgary and strengthens Winnipeg as Bighill's likelihood of returning would be high.

Or BC wants Bighill and we can land Singleton.