Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

52 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

My fear is both BLM & Reilly go to free agency & 8 teams are in on the sweepstakes. 

If Bo comes back to Calgary they are going to have to make some cuts elsewhere. According to TSN his last contract was for 320k per year and on the open market in the cfl he could easily command north of 500k. He’s won Grey Cups and i think if he doesn’t go to the NFL I see him wanting to get as much money as possible at this point.

17 hours ago, BBRT said:

OK going to get this started. I live in Calgary and have had business corporate season tickets for a number of years. Part of my marketing budget - not a Stamps Fan by any stretch of the imagination! However I do rub elbows with a number of folks that are true die hard Stamps fans (we still are friends for some reason). So chatting after the cup at lunch today and rumor (and I did see this over on the Riders site) is that their DC - Devone Claybrooks has some interest down south with one or two NFL teams. Just rumor and speculation but these guys I am talking to seem to know a few things around the internal workings with the Stamps. 

Maybe he is afraid of the Winnipeg Canadian Mafia? :)

IMO, this would be a huge loss for the CFL... there are not many potential up-and-coming super star coaches in the league right now... hopefully he sticks around our league...

7 minutes ago, bearpants said:

IMO, this would be a huge loss for the CFL... there are not many potential up-and-coming super star coaches in the league right now... hopefully he sticks around our league...

sounds like he's got pretty severe diabetes and almost died this year, that would have been a big loss to the league for sure.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

sounds like he's got pretty severe diabetes and almost died this year, that would have been a big loss to the league for sure.

well... I didn't know that... now I hope he sticks around our league... and on this earth... for a very long time...

I'm guessing they did a pre-game special on him... but I don't typically watch those things...

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

well... I didn't know that... now I hope he sticks around our league... and on this earth... for a very long time...

I'm guessing they did a pre-game special on him... but I don't typically watch those things...

I think they actually talked about it during the game....it's all a blur now...

42 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Here's the story.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/11/17/walking-miracle-claybrooks-opens-brush-death/

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎26 at 8:26 PM, Colin Unger said:

Can’t see why they wouldn’t be completely committed to Masoli after the year he had. Would have been even better had Brandon Banks not got hurt. 

My guess is that they watched him play in all those games this year and his ugly mechanics make them concerned whether he is a long term answer or liability.  I don't know the answer to that question.

2 hours ago, MC said:

My guess is that they watched him play in all those games this year and his ugly mechanics make them concerned whether he is a long term answer or liability.  I don't know the answer to that question.

Maybe they like that kind of thing and will add Jennings as their backup :)

10 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

David William NaylorVerified account @TSNDaveNaylor 2m2 minutes ago

The @Ticats will announce today that Orlondo Steinauer is their new head coach and that June Jones is moving to associate head coach and offensive co-ordinator. #CFL #Ticats

Whoa..  Paul Lapolice just got downgraded to second-best offensive co-ordinator who isn't his team's head coach.

27 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

David William NaylorVerified account @TSNDaveNaylor 2m2 minutes ago

The @Ticats will announce today that Orlondo Steinauer is their new head coach and that June Jones is moving to associate head coach and offensive co-ordinator. #CFL #Ticats

Jones ain't a long term solution and I'm betting Steinhauer gave em the old "give me the job or I'll take one of the other openings" ultimatum. 

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Curious reaction to the news. 

I would certainly wait on the developments of this before going either way with this.

I want to know more if there is a story here for sure. I don't like things getting ignored or swept under rug at all.  I'd just like to see mainstream media pick it up and see if its a story. I'm not going either way on this, just not sure this is credible.