Game 22 : @ Blue Ain't Your Colour

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I remember the Willy Lindstrom 5 goal game. Had to listen to it on the radio of course as we didnt have TSN3 in those days. 

I didnt realize Willy scored 5 until the next day. Thankfully I also missed the 15-2 game. What insane bastid of a coach leaves a goalie in for all 15?

If I remember right, if you hear the audio for Willys 4th goal you'll hear the fans just groaning when they realized who had the puck.

5 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Thankfully I also missed the 15-2 game. What insane bastid of a coach leaves a goalie in for all 15?

Doug Soeteart had the flu (as did half the team), was still recovering, and was supposed to have the night off. Ed Stanowski caught the same flu bug and started throwing up violently about 2 hours or so before the game, and couldn’t even dress. If I recall correctly, they could not get the back-up from the minors to Minneapolis from Springfield in time, and this era pre-dated the emergency one day signing of a back-up goalie practice, so they had no back-up for the game. Soetaert will still super ill and pushing a 100 plus degree fever, but gutted out the first period only down 2-1. The roof caved in during the second period, as the Jets gave up 8 goals and were down 10-2. But they had no options and Soetaert had to go back in for 5 more in the 3rd. I almost wonder if the Jets would have had to forfeit if he’d have been hurt (I think the trainer would have gone in - no goalie coaches in those days either). But the score had everything to do with the team all being so sick. 

12 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Doug Soeteart had the flu (as did half the team), was still recovering, and was supposed to have the night off. Ed Stanowski caught the same flu bug and started throwing up violently about 2 hours or so before the game, and couldn’t even dress. If I recall correctly, they could not get the back-up from the minors to Minneapolis from Springfield in time, and this era pre-dated the emergency one day signing of a back-up goalie practice, so they had no back-up for the game. Soetaert will still super ill and pushing a 100 plus degree fever, but gutted out the first period only down 2-1. The roof caved in during the second period, as the Jets gave up 8 goals and were down 10-2. But they had no options and Soetaert had to go back in for 5 more in the 3rd. I almost wonder if the Jets would have had to forfeit if he’d have been hurt (I think the trainer would have gone in - no goalie coaches in those days either). But the score had everything to do with the team all being so sick. 

that i not know.  +1