This Regime

BBlink

I wouldn't want a full rebuild,  most of the pieces are in place.     Unfortunately Nichols clearly isn't the answer and we will simply need some patience and I assume next season we lower expectations and then hope to challenge again in 2 years when Streveler hopefully will be our guy.  

Interesting comments on this regime....A lot of time lines have been brought up regarding this regime.....Certainly 28 years without a Cup does not belong at the feet of this present regime BUT IF we take the 5 year period that they are responsible, I like to compare our success or lack thereof with other 'regimes'....Top of my mind is Ottawa....They totally rebuilt (granted with the help of a re-entry draft) and have seen some pretty solid growth in the same 5 yr. span....One Cup.... and another appearance in which they could easily add another...Our record looks pretty anemic when you look at theirs and I guess after all of this time I thought we would/should be a lot further along...I don't know what the exact reason is, quite frankly, that we didn't at least have a home playoff game in 18'...I do not want to see a wholesale change BUT there obviously has to be some changes..It's going to get harder and harder to pass 'little gains' in a season that will appease the long suffering fans of this team...Any sign of regression next year and I think a few coaches will meet the same fate as the NHL Oilers head coach has today.. an in season exit 

Edited by Stickem

I would take trestman over mos in a heart beat. 

The offense and defense both showed enough at various points this year to keep the respective COs around. That said, we have limited ability to improve our talent from where we ended the season. A system change is our biggest hope at a major improvement. Its a huge risk though.

36 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Top of my mind is Ottawa....They totally rebuilt (granted with the help of a re-entry draft) and have seen some pretty solid growth in the same 5 yr. span....One Cup.... and another appearance in which they could easily add another...

I don't think it's fair to compare the ALL CAPS to the Bombers situation.

They inherited a pretty decent team via draft from EVERYBODY and they are in the weaker East. 

If we were in the East... I think we might have won a cup by now in these last three years.

40 minutes ago, Tracker said:

And yet they beat the Stamps in the Grey Cup game.

and thrashed the Bombers this season. 

I remember when mbb posters told us DesJardins was a terrible gm. don't hear that much anymore.

I suppose some fans think it would be better to have a crap, losing  team in Ottawa so the CFL could have another failing team.

Edited by Mark F

5 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I remember when mbb posters told us DesJardins was a terrible gm. don't hear that much anymore.

I suppose some fans think it would be better to have a crap, losing  team in Ottawa so the CFL could have another failing team.

I'm happy that Ottawa is good, and, succeeding. I hope they win their 2nd cup on Sunday since rejoining the league.

26 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Wr beat them too. 

Walters would be unemployed if Darian Durant did not retire and free up $$ for Bighill

that being said, I think osh and Walters have done some great things and we do have a very good QB tandem

OL is solid especially with Gray added - cdn content top notch 

fire the scouts or tell Lapo to give his American receivers more of a chance before benching them

I think it’s pretty widely regarded that O’Shea is a good coach and even if there is a diamond in the rough coach out there that would be an improvement, I’m not sure any of the options available would be an improvement. I still loathe some of his lineup decisions and his refusal to go for two under almost any circumstance but there is no perfect coach in the league right now. 

I do put more of the “blame” for lack of deep playoff success for this regime more on Walters than O’Shea. We went another season really only uncovering one demonstrably good international rookie (Sayles) and the team was in deep trouble again when only one receiver went down. 

Ottawa is the most overrated franchise in the league, Harris the most overrated QB (and its not close) and Campbell the most overrated coach. Competing with Toronto and Montreal and playing both of them potentially an extra game makes a HUGE difference. Sure, they won a cup but that was after being gifted Burris after he was run out of Hamilton and they required a miracle Hail Mary to even be in the game in the first place. 

Edited by AKAChip

37 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

A significant factor in the upgrade of the Defense was the signing of Bighill......finally a real MLB.....a major concern is that a Bighill has said family first as the issue in him becoming a FA.....and they are in BC

Family first also means taking care of Bighill's family financially. They'll have to pay him in order to keep him. 

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

When we complain about the RedBlacks calling them overrated, lucky and in a crappy division it makes us look even worse imho. We haven't won a championship in close to 30 years in a nine team league, and they have early in their existense and get another chance this weekend. This argument that you can't look at our championship record longitudinal because of different regimes does not compute with me. There's no getting around the bottom-line of futility in winning championships and how that tests loyal fans. Come 2019 season though we will be there supporting our team. Sucker's or true fans?