Curling

Rich

48 minutes ago, Pigskin said:

Getting out of Manitoba this year for women will be a dog fight. There are a lot of good women's teams this year. 

I always equate this to the old question of whether Jeff Stoughton is alive and still curling. If he is then we know who's winning MB mens.

Is Jennifer Jones still alive and playing?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Gunnlaugson beats McEwen to take MB men's title.

The Curse of Mike McEwen continues :P

What curse? He's won a bunch of Bison crests... 

Can not believe Gunner ever won a provincial title. Insane. Hopefully Mike finds a way through the WC game. I personally think this current incarnation of the team is sour and isn't ever going to work. Buddy of mine and I were saying they need to get Dunstone back from Sask, have him Skip, Mike 3rd, Reider 2nd and Samagalski Lead... That'd be a team.... 

10 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

He has 2x as skip but not the real big one.

He hasn't had a good team for a long time... But that old team should have at least one Brier title. They were the best team in the world for about 5 years, but couldn't get by Stoughton in Provincials. But that was years ago now. There's no "curse" for McEwen... 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Can not believe Gunner ever won a provincial title. Insane. Hopefully Mike finds a way through the WC game. I personally think this current incarnation of the team is sour and isn't ever going to work. Buddy of mine and I were saying they need to get Dunstone back from Sask, have him Skip, Mike 3rd, Reider 2nd and Samagalski Lead... That'd be a team.... 

The current McEwen team has the most passive aggressive communication, especially for a team trying to accomplish the same goal.  That lead is a real ******.

The bigger problem is the panic McEwen works himself into when he has a tough end and struggles to read the ice.  He takes himself right out of games.

Gunnlaugson is crazy but he keeps things positive and stays calm.  

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Mcewen won't ever be a third. Guy is a skip

26 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Mcewen won't ever be a third. Guy is a skip

Possibly... He's mentally fragile, I think. But Chad and I think that configuration with Dunstone would work. 

JBR is spot on... Gunner is nuts but he doesn't get as worked up as Mike. Takes **** as it happens and doesn't stress. Mike is a basket case, based on what I've seen. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

He hasn't had a good team for a long time... But that old team should have at least one Brier title. They were the best team in the world for about 5 years, but couldn't get by Stoughton in Provincials. But that was years ago now. There's no "curse" for McEwen... 

Most curlers would love to be "cursed" like McEwen. I don't get that comment. 

Possibly... He's mentally fragile, I think. But Chad and I think that configuration with Dunstone would work. 

JBR is spot on... Gunner is nuts but he doesn't get as worked up as Mike. Takes **** as it happens and doesn't stress. Mike is a basket case, based on what I've seen. 

I just think that his brain is wired to be the guy making the throw that he calls.

But yeah I do think Mcewen gets too much into his own head about things. Gotta be able to just let **** slide and deal with it all as it happens. 90% of the game is half mental.

9 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Nice to see Jones pumped after winning that game.  Every other time I've watched her play this season I've got a miserable vibe from her, just seemed like she was losing the passion.  Hopefully she has a good Scotties, but she's probably in a dogfight to make the top 4.

Even a half-passioned Jones is better then the alternative.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

FFS. MB gives up 7 in one end to NB this afternoon.

Did you see how it happened? I've seen the buzz online but have no clue how it's even possible at this level. There had to be a picked rock or something....I mean, they don't miss enough in order to give up a 7....especially to a team as shitty as a Maritimes team.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Did you see how it happened? I've seen the buzz online but have no clue how it's even possible at this level. There had to be a picked rock or something....I mean, they don't miss enough in order to give up a 7....especially to a team as shitty as a Maritimes team.

Negative as it was not the prime game.

Some one better have been drunk...