Curling

Rich

Why not kickoff a new curling thread with this story.  

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/curling/curling-team-ejected-extremely-drunk-1.4910869

The curling foursome of Jamie Koe, Ryan Fry, Chris Schille, and DJ Kidby was kicked out of the Red Deer Curling Classic on Sunday for "unacceptable behaviour" that included being "extremely drunk."

The four were ejected from the World Curling Tour event and forced to forfeit their final match.

Schille and Kidby have been kicked out of at least one Sask Provincials for similar conduct (not necessarily drunk, but raging angry and abuse of officials), and Koe is notorious for his drinking, and even promotes his "legend" via his Twitter account. Fry, I think, is just a moron. There are some sketchy stories from his time skipping teams on the MCT circuit in the early 2000s. All of this is to say that none of it is even the least bit surprising, but extremely sad for Fry, who is not only an Olympian, but a MAJOR spokesperson for the World Curling Tour, the Canadian Curling Association, and all of their major sponsors (including Pinty's, where he's quite literally a poster boy).

I've done a LOT of stupid **** at curling bonspiels over the years....but I can't even comprehend this.

37 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You can curl drunk, hell I've lost to guys too drunk to stand up and hold the broom, but you don't act like assholes while doing it. 

Fun drunks, not angry drunks. 

This was not a rec curling match, this was a World Curling Tour event. These are semi-professionals. That whole team should be ashamed of themselves. 

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You're saying the albetan ****** it up for em?

I'm doing my best to be polite about it, but she's the weak link on that team. Birchard should be the third and find someone else to play front end. 

• 4 weeks later...

Man I assumed that was done after Rachel got up 5-1. I went and had a nap and come down 2 hours later and they're still playing... What the hell. What an incredible comeback. That takes a lotta fortitude. Congrats to an EXTREMELY proud Mantioban, Chelsea Carey... Huge win. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Brier starts tomorrow with the Wild Card play in game between Epping and Bottcher. 

McEwen/Carruthers representing MB but unless they find some previously undiscovered magic, they'll be in tough to make playoffs. 

McEwen... Why could he never put it together at the Brier?? 

In fairness he's hardly ever been to the Brier. In all the years that his team was the best in the world, they lost the MB finals every year. Lost to Stoughton, lost to Fowler (ouch), lost to Carruthers... I think he's only been twice. He and Carruthers teamed up this year but haven't been very good for the most part. 

Edited by Noeller

• 2 weeks later...