Who do you hate the most (Teams)

Guest Fizz

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎24 at 5:46 PM, Eternal optimist said:

Lately - Calgary, only because of their insufferable success as of late:
- From 2008 - 2018, they've hosted the Western Final 7 of 11 possible times.
- They've hosted the Western Final in 5 of the last 6 years, during that time span (2013 - 2018) they are a nauseating 84-22-2 in the regular season.
- Last time they missed the playoffs was the same year Facebook was founded (February 4, 2004).

I cannot wait for the might to fall, just like Montreal after Calvillo retired...

I grew up hating the Eskimos because they seemed to not only finish first but also win the Grey Cup every year.  Finally in 1983 it ended.  Our time will come.  Calgary will suck again.

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I grew up hating the Eskimos because they seemed to not only finish first but also win the Grey Cup every year.  Finally in 1983 it ended.  Our time will come.  Calgary will suck again.

Why do I feel like we'll be 10 years and more into this regime's tenure and we'll still be saying this? Waiting for other teams to suck is a fool's gambit.

1 hour ago, J5V said:

Why do I feel like we'll be 10 years and more into this regime's tenure and we'll still be saying this? Waiting for other teams to suck is a fool's gambit.

I think his point is not so much waiting around for teams to misstep, just that every empire eventually falters. The Al's were great under Calvillo... as mentioned Edmonton had a pretty good streak in the early 80s... heck even our own team had an era of dominance. Nothing wrong with a little schadenfreude derived from Calgary down the road... especially when they've got a quarterback that is that smug.

6 hours ago, J5V said:

That happened to pretty much every other western team this year, but the Bombers just could not get it together. We may not get another chance for another 28 years.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Bombers lack of success is an aberration. What we've been through just doesn't happen to other CFL teams. The only other team without recent success is Hamilton & we have 9 years on them. 

sure but that's not the point... you said Calgary has been a failure b/c they have "only" won 3 cups despite a decade and a half of dominance... I'd gladly trade their past 15 years for ours...

8 hours ago, J5V said:

that wasn't my point at all.  People here are bemoaning Calgary's continued success.  I am not saying wait for them to suck, but that they inevitably will suck again.  But in the mean-time, that's no excuse.  We can take them, we just need to get better.  We gave the Eskimos some really good runs even when they were at their best.  1982 should have been our year but we faltered in the WF, and then two years later we won the Cup.  If we continue to progress next year and get to the WF again, but win it all in 2020, I'm good with that.

On 2018-11-27 at 2:49 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

So would I but their level of failure is different than ours. 

I would probably call it slight disappointment to have not won more... but certainly not a failure...

PS sorry for the delayed reply, been a busy week/weekend

10 hours ago, bearpants said:

I would probably call it slight disappointment to have not won more... but certainly not a failure...

PS sorry for the delayed reply, been a busy week/weekend

I can tell you from living in Calgary that the Stamps were devastated they lost both years. I think even more in 2017. They definitely saw it as failure.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2018-12-03 at 6:29 PM, White Out said:

What makes our championship drought more annoying is how other clubs are crap, like Toronto, but skate thru an easy division and win a title with a 500 ball club. 

Calgary has won by building a consistent organization... But that's not the only recipe ppl have used. 

Fair comment - it almost worked for us in '07