Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Fred C Dobbs

Bombers Free Agent List

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

Is Dressler a good player?  Sure, but he's also playing the most important slot position.  And regardless of whether he was injured this year he didn't even get close to reaching the 1000 yard mark (being durable is a good thing).  Wolitarsky actually had more yards than him this year playing a ton of his time as the last read.  We had 1 receiver in the top 20 this year.  So it's either Nichols really is that bad or our American receivers still need to be upgraded.

The answer is "yes" to both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

sign dressler and someone better. guy was still our top threat at receiver so losing him doesn't upgrade us at all

Given how Dressler was used this year.  I can see Peterman, Simonise or Demski filling that role. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Given how Dressler was used this year.  I can see Peterman, Simonise or Demski filling that role. 

Maybe on Peterman or Simonise, lots to be seen on those guys yet but not Demski. Dressler is a tough little dude and Demski avoids contact like the plague. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Like years gone past a lot of the guys will be signed before they ever get to free agency. Winnipeg is a destination where players want to come a play and why wouldn't they

Now.....as opposed to before...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

solid re-signs....gotta keep the heart of the team that o-line intact...I'm sure Goose and Nasty Chungh soon to follow...as it stands now with Hardrick and Bryant with Foketti as back-up and Neuf..Gray already signed for next year we already can breath a little easier...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Like years gone past a lot of the guys will be signed before they ever get to free agency. Winnipeg is a destination where players want to come a play and why wouldn't they

O-linemen tend to hang around longer than most players as long as they're fed well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Get our best guys signed and one of them top elite CFL QB's will be chomping at the bit to lead this team...

Lol. In what world would Reilly or BLM come here... The salary cap is real... 

Nichols and Streveler are here next season. That's not changing. 

I've been hard on Nichols this year but if anyone actually think they gonna let him go after years upon years of crappy qb play.. Wake the **** up. Hes going nowhere and he shouldn't. 

 

Im with @17to85 Lapo needs to go. 

Odd how ppl wanna send Nichols packing cuz he had a few bad games this year... Or 1 bad playoff game... But seems to me like the bigger problem is the guy calling plays. The fact we didnt even try to stretch the field last game until 2 minutes left suggests the OC is the problem

And the fact our receivers are stationary when the ball arrives and everyone else's are hit in stride suggests OC is a problem. 

Edited by Goalie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tracker said:

I agree that as good as Medlock was and is, he is aging and handsomely paid but aging. We do need to start grooming a replacement, preferably a home-grown.

Locking up Medlock is important.  He's worth the money.  With all the poor kicking in the NFL right now and Brett Maher (an average CFL kicker) working out with the Cowboys I think you're going to see a trend of CFL kickers going south of the line.  Kickers are going to be hard to come by when a Long and possibly others exiting the league.  Let's lock of Medlock and not take chances with that position. There are plenty of other areas where we can save money.  Leggett, Wild, Okpalaugo, Nevis, Fenner, Nichols pay cut all come to mind before I would miss with our kicking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lol. In what world would Reilly or BLM come here... The salary cap is real... 

Nichols and Streveler are here next season. That's not changing. 

I've been hard on Nichols this year but if anyone actually think they gonna let him go after years upon years of crappy qb play.. Wake the **** up. Hes going nowhere and he shouldn't. 

 

Im with @17to85 Lapo needs to go. 

Odd how ppl wanna send Nichols packing cuz he had a few bad games this year... Or 1 bad playoff game... But seems to me like the bigger problem is the guy calling plays. The fact we didnt even try to stretch the field last game until 2 minutes left suggests the OC is the problem

And the fact our receivers are stationary when the ball arrives and everyone else's are hit in stride suggests OC is a problem. 

Lapo is not the problem. We just need better receivers.  I wouldn't be apposed to replacing Nichols with Jennings as well.. At least he's got some mobility and would be cheaper while we wait for Streveler to be ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Lapo is not the problem. We just need better receivers.  I wouldn't be apposed to replacing Nichols with Jennings as well.. At least he's got some mobility and would be cheaper while we wait for Streveler to be ready.

He is a problem. Like why do ppl like this guy so much... Hes been fired 2 x b4.. He is a problem.. The biggest one.. Biggest game in years and we come out with the seen it so many times b4 conservative as **** O. The fact you think he isn't makes me think you dont know as much as you think. Harris Visibly frustrated last game as were other members of the O.. Even Nichols came off the field looking like WTF was this **** a few times

 

While ppl on here were raging about Hall and our D..lapo and the O got a free pass all year... We rode on our Ds back this year and with a semi capable aggressive OC we are in Edmonton facing the other red and black team. 

Our OC = play not to lose. Never actually finish the other team.. Get a lead and turtle.. Its been seen several times in Lapos 3 tenures here now. 

Edited by Goalie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lol. In what world would Reilly or BLM come here... The salary cap is real... 

I've been hard on Nichols this year but if anyone actually think they gonna let him go after years upon years of crappy qb play.. Wake the **** up. Hes going nowhere and he shouldn't. 

 

Im with @17to85 Lapo needs to go. 

Odd how ppl wanna send Nichols packing cuz he had a few bad games this year... Or 1 bad playoff game... But seems to me like the bigger problem is the guy calling plays. The fact we didnt even try to stretch the field last game until 2 minutes left suggests the OC is the problem

And the fact our receivers are stationary when the ball arrives and everyone else's are hit in stride suggests OC is a problem. 

Salary cap is for every team so why can't we land a better QB ? 

If yer happy with year after year of crappy QB play then there isn't really much left to discuss. 

And doesn't the OC help to lay out a game plan....that includes everyone in the offence...some maybe more than others but at the same time they are all out there.....and then it's up to the QB to pick out what's going on during a play and make it happen ?..... or is the QB specifically told by the OC to do one thing each play and only that one thing , no matter what ? ......this is why I think an upgrade at QB is needed, a leader on the field who is capable to take matters into his own hands when he has to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Lapo is not the problem. We just need better receivers.  I wouldn't be apposed to replacing Nichols with Jennings as well.. At least he's got some mobility and would be cheaper while we wait for Streveler to be ready.

Thank god you're not in charge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Goalie said:

 

And the fact our receivers are stationary when the ball arrives and everyone else's are hit in stride suggests OC is a problem. 

It may also suggest the QB is not throwing the ball at the proper time......as in too late.  Hence the recievers have to stop and wait for the ball as they have pretty much completed their route and are expecting the ball to be there sooner...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

It may also suggest the QB is not throwing the ball at the proper time......as in too late.  Hence the recievers have to stop and wait for the ball as they have pretty much completed their route and are expecting the ball to be there sooner...

No. Lapo has been here so many times.... Its the same story with him. Same old ****. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Salary cap is for every team so why can't we land a better QB ? 

If yer happy with year after year of crappy QB play then there isn't really much left to discuss. 

And doesn't the OC help to lay out a game plan....that includes everyone in the offence...some maybe more than others but at the same time they are all out there.....and then it's up to the QB to pick out what's going on during a play and make it happen ?..... or is the QB specifically told by the OC to do one thing each play and only that one thing , no matter what ? ......this is why I think an upgrade at QB is needed, a leader on the field who is capable to take matters into his own hands when he has to. 

Lol year after year of poor QB play? Like b4 Nichols got here u mean? Cuz hes been relatively good. Why dont u check the wins and losses record with or without Nichols. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×