Bombers Free Agent List

Fred C Dobbs

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

LaPo's phone would be ringing off the hook with offers higher then what he is making now...  Nichols may get a pity call and a considerable pay cut to back up someone else.

Oh sure - they’d sign him to back up McLeod Bethel Thompson or Jonathan Jennings. 

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

17to85 is highly over exaggerating the impact of Lapo. 

If both LaPo and Nichols were to be cut loose today...

LaPo's phone would be ringing off the hook with offers higher then what he is making now...  Nichols may get a pity call and a considerable pay cut to back up someone else.

Nichols is Kevin Glenn 2.0 at this point....   serviceable back up...  limited mobility... can excel if he has massive protection... gets rattled and can't overcome it (anymore).  At this point I think the team would be better off paying 400 and whatever thousand to Henry Burris one year out of football then paying that money to Matt Nichols.  

I will disagree with Colin about bringing in Jennings..  I'd rather Streveler play then Jennings just hucking up random balls. 

Whether it’s Jennings or Nichols I think a Streveler deserved a shot at more playing time.  Options will be limited if Nichols won’t play for what he’s worth. 

26 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Sadly once again, father time remains undefeated...

age modified by catastrophic injury. If it wasnt for the two injuries mo would still be a MODP candidate. And our season would have been very very different. 

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

If he doesn't attempt to continue playing .here, or some other team, I hope he can stay as a coach. 

Would love to have him as a LBer coach. The best solo open field tackling sam in this era for my money. 

6 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I was so mad that game. We almost choked after being up a country mile against BC. It should never have come to an onside kick. 

Do you not think that this same weakness would have led to similar injury during another play? It was probably an accident waiting to happen.

It really is too bad about Moe. Fantastic play maker. Clutch. Shut down Sam and Safety. This is the type of stuff you never like to hear, but know is coming eventually. Good luck to him, and thanks for the memories Moe!

On another note, I'd like to see the bombers move on from Demski. Or at the very least, have him in the z position and move Wolli inside. Poor ball security and lack of vision have become very apparent and were costly throughout the season and playoffs.

I would like to open a discussion on Taylor Loffler. 

He's due a big pay raise now that he's no longer on a rookie contract.

Is he worth it? Can we replace him for less with a National in another position? 

I love his style and that he's Canadian but what his his salary cost us a prime player in another area. 

Re-sign or not?