Bombers Free Agent List

Fred C Dobbs

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Hey We just signed our two all star tackles. Pretty good day to me.

The depth on this offensive line is great.  With Chung, Goosen and Couture still free agents I bet we already have enough under contract to have a respectable offensive line. Hardrick, Bryant, Gray, Neufeld, Speller at center.  Montreal would take that. 

21 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Teams generally go down hill after he leaves. He’s the best offensive coordinator we’ve had since firing Paul LaPolice who was the best offensive co-ordinator we had since the previous time we fired him.

The Bombers going downhill after Mack threw LaPolice under the bus in 2012 had more to do with a lack of talent and depth than what LaPolice brought to table as a coach. He's not HC material.

As an OC, he's capable of some great schemes and extracting very good production from of his personnel. He seem to struggle at making adjustments, though. And sometimes, his gameplans are way too vanilla when they needn't be.

Nichols doesn't deserve a pass for Sunday's loss (he was awful) but neither does LaPolice (his gameplan was awful). The offense as a whole outside of Harris and Adams was mostly putrid for the entirety of that game. There's ample blame to go around, especially when you consider how this unit performed against this very opponent a few weeks earlier. How do you go from putting the boots to them to looking absolutely feeble and powerless?

On 2018-11-19 at 5:02 PM, Bigblue204 said:

I'd actually say no to medlock. I doubt he wants to take a cut, and honestly he is just too expensive. You don't need to pay a kicker that much. Hell, maybe Lankford trys out next year as a kicker lololololol

In the CFL I would argue that the kicker is second in importance only to the QB.... for the love of god resign Medlock. I still have night terrors of Justin Palardy.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Teams generally go down hill after he leaves. He’s the best offensive coordinator we’ve had since firing Paul LaPolice who was the best offensive co-ordinator we had since the previous time we fired him.

What does this even mean?  Sask was fine when he came here.  They played in the Grey Cup that year.  When Mack fired him in 2012 they replaced him with Tim Burke.  That has nothing to do with Lapolice.  Maybe he would have squeezed another win or two out of Alex Brink and Justin Goltz in 2013, but that team was awful and it was constructed by Mack, developed by Lapolice and his coaching staff.

Joe Mack being a moron and Tim Burke being useless makes Paul Lapolice a great coach?  Lapolice continues to build inconsistent offenses.  Inconsistent first down production, inconsistent 2nd down conversions, struggles for long stretches to produce first downs, struggles to score touchdowns, huge reliance on one of the greatest defenses at turning the ball over in CFL history.  Scoring 5-6 TD's in a few games but not being able to score more than 1 in others is no good when it comes to winning games.  Better be scoring 3-4 or the equivalent in field goals every week.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

If mike Reilly does decide to become a free agent. Why wouldn’t he be interested in Winnipeg? Good supporting cast. Management seems to be well respected. Fanbase is strong and we have the nicest stadium in the league. 

Does he want to go to Toronto or Montreal and play in front of empty stands? 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

What does this even mean?  Sask was fine when he came here.  They played in the Grey Cup that year.  When Mack fired him in 2012 they replaced him with Tim Burke.  That has nothing to do with Lapolice.  Maybe he would have squeezed another win or two out of Alex Brink and Justin Goltz in 2013, but that team was awful and it was constructed by Mack, developed by Lapolice and his coaching staff.

Joe Mack being a moron and Tim Burke being useless makes Paul Lapolice a great coach?  Lapolice continues to build inconsistent offenses.  Inconsistent first down production, inconsistent 2nd down conversions, struggles for long stretches to produced first downs, struggles to score touchdowns.  Scoring 5-6 TD's in a few games but not being able to score more than 1 in others is no good when it comes to winning games.  Better be scoring 3-4 or the equivalent in field goals every week.

Winnipeg has the second best record in the cfl in terms of wins and losses since Lapo came here and led the cfl in offensive points and offensive touchdowns this season.

In the passing game he just doesn’t have the talent on the field.  His qb was behind James Franklin on Edmonton’s depth chart when we traded a box of tape to get him. Dressler wasn’t wanted anywhere else and none of our other receivers did much anywhere else before we picked them up off life support.

Its not my intention to defend Lapo it’s just that in the face of a massive over reaction I have to respond.  

At at this point it’s the players. We all wanted Richie Hall fired last year and then he was given the talent he needed and the defence thrived.  LaPolice was given scraps from other teams and a total of 3 skilled import spots on the roster to work with and led the league in touchdowns and points scored.  They need to improve but that won’t happen until they give him the talent other teams have.

Like I’ve said I don’t see him as a head coach so bringing up failures in that regard don’t register with me.  

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Winnipeg has the second best record in the cfl in terms of wins and losses since Lapo came here and led the cfl in offensive points and offensive touchdowns this season.

In the passing game he just doesn’t have the talent on the field.  His qb was behind James Franklin on Edmonton’s depth chart when we traded a box of tape to get him. Dressler wasn’t wanted anywhere else and none of our other receivers did much anywhere else before we picked them up off life support.

Its not my intention to defend Lapo it’s just that in the face of a massive over reaction I have to respond.  

At at this point it’s the players. We all wanted Richie Hall fired last year and then he was given the talent he needed and the defence thrived.  LaPolice was given scraps from other teams and a total of 3 skilled import spots on the roster to work with and led the league in touchdowns and points scored.  They need to improve but that won’t happen until they give him the talent other teams have.

Like I’ve said I don’t see him as a head coach so bringing up failures in that regard don’t register with me.  

Lapolice ran the offense when he was the head coach so it's obviously relevant.

17to85 is highly over exaggerating the impact of Lapo. 

If both LaPo and Nichols were to be cut loose today...

LaPo's phone would be ringing off the hook with offers higher then what he is making now...  Nichols may get a pity call and a considerable pay cut to back up someone else.

Nichols is Kevin Glenn 2.0 at this point....   serviceable back up...  limited mobility... can excel if he has massive protection... gets rattled and can't overcome it (anymore).  At this point I think the team would be better off paying 400 and whatever thousand to Henry Burris one year out of football then paying that money to Matt Nichols.  

I will disagree with Colin about bringing in Jennings..  I'd rather Streveler play then Jennings just hucking up random balls. 

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

If mike Reilly does decide to become a free agent. Why wouldn’t he be interested in Winnipeg? Good supporting cast. Management seems to be well respected. Fanbase is strong and we have the nicest stadium in the league. 

Does he want to go to Toronto or Montreal and play in front of empty stands? 

I have no idea on his personal life and personality... but Montreal and Toronto are way more attractive cities to live in.   Maybe he doesn't want to be in the spot light and every move being criticized... it's easier to hide in those markets.      For his own health I'd imagine Toronto has a better o-line and less of a disaster as Montreal.    

That being said he could move close to his family by going to BC,  enjoy nicer weather,   play indoors,   play in a much nicer city and play with a playoff calibre team... makes the most sense to me.

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Is that why he was working for TSN after we fired him the last time?

Nope, probably the contract extension he was given in 2011 that paid him through 2014 was why he worked for TSN. Kept collecting his 220k+ annually while double dipping with TSN as analyst until we re-hired him in the winter of 2015. It's the smart move, LaPo loves the smart move.

46 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You Mafia guys, always being secretive..

59 minutes ago, do or die said:

Remember Booch, when we are over there...........I don't know you.

Duly noted...do or die who??

I actually havn't been over there much the last week or so...to even just lurk and read...I'm sure tho I am missed hahaha