Demand for Compensation

do or die

To get a bit serious here. I read a tweet from a fan after the game Sunday who said the Bombers really aren't interested in winning.  He used Mike Reilly & BLM  as examples by saying the Bombers would never sign them if they were free agents by sticking with Nichols.  Management only wants to make money. What do you guys think? I'd hate if this is the case as the fans deserve better. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

To get a bit serious here. I read a tweet from a fan after the game Sunday who said the Bombers really aren't interested in winning.  He used Mike Reilly & BLM  as examples by saying the Bombers would never sign them if they were free agents by sticking with Nichols.  Management only wants to make money. What do you guys think? I'd hate if this is the case as the fans deserve better. 

I don’t think the overarching point is true but I agree that there’s no way they go for Reilly or Mitchell over Nichols. I think the issue is talent evaluation over desire to win, though. 

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

I don’t think the overarching point is true but I agree that there’s no way they go for Reilly or Mitchell over Nichols. I think the issue is talent evaluation over desire to win, though. 

They are the 2 best CFL qbs out there.  If they can get one & are serious trying to sign one may indicate the real priorities of the organization. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They are the 2 best CFL qbs out there.  If they can get one & are serious trying to sign one may indicate the real priorities of the organization. 

I agree that it would be a joke if they didn’t at least try for both of them but I choose to believe that it’s more incompetence than a lack of desire to win. Or perhaps they would rather win with a “cheaper” QB than spend 500-600 k on the two actually good ones. 

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Wade Miller maybe one of the most competitive people on the face earth. I would not agree with this.

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This makes no sense with the salary cap in the CFL.   Every team will spend roughly the same on player salaries.    Different teams will have different strategies on how they spend that money    

I also can’t see this philosophy for a community owned team like the Bombers.   They need to be fiscalky responsible with their money to ensure the franchise is stable, but they aren’t cutting costs to line an owners pocket book. 

BLM will sign with either Calgary or the NFL IMO. 

Reilley likely Edmonton or B.C. if the money is similar.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I guess after 28 years fans have the right to ask why we can't win. Like I said, I saw that twitter quote on Sunday night from an unhappy fan.  It got me thinking. Could it e true? Does making money usurp winning with this team? I have no clue if it's correct or not. 

Look at 2001 and 2007 - they didn’t lose those Grey Cups because they’re cheap. 2001 in particular, that team had top notch talent.