Needs for next year

blue85gold

26 minutes ago, J5V said:

On a positive note, and since we're quoting stats, in playoff games this regime is 1 for 4 now instead of 0-3. 

With a footnote that win being against a team without a QB....ultimately pro sports is about winning. Clearly with that playoff win    we have solidified things for another year. 

On 2018-12-09 at 12:03 PM, DR. CFL said:

With a footnote that win being against a team without a QB....ultimately pro sports is about winning. Clearly with that playoff win    we have solidified things for another year. 

To break it down even more, it's 1-for-3 in Semi-Finals and 0-for-1 in Finals with 0 Grey Cup appearances in 5 full seasons. Depending on the rate of progress we should win the Cup in 10-15 years. I'll likely be long gone by then but maybe some of the youngsters will get to see it.

16 minutes ago, J5V said:

To break it down even more, it's 1-for-3 in Semi-Finals and 0-for-1 in Finals with 0 Grey Cup appearances in 5 full seasons. Depending on the rate of progress we should win the Cup in 10-15 years. I'll likely be long gone by then but maybe some of the youngsters will get to see it.

My children are 29 an 24 years old.....they are still waiting for a winning blue bomber grey cup party at dads.... I have given up convincing them that it will happen and I am now working on the grandkids,  aged 9 - 3 and 2..... 

I guess it's harder for the old timers (ahem) on here that have known winning years and winning coaches ,that have a few Cup rings, and now see an endless drought...There's no more fans than the old war horses around here that want to see success...We're all Bomber fans through and through and because opinions differ, that doesn't change things...I'll give this present coach and admin. one more kick at the can....er Cup and if we continue down the same old bloody road of failure to win it all, I think it'll be time to take the bluengold shades off and do some serious reflection  about changes...

35 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I guess it's harder for the old timers (ahem) on here that have known winning years and winning coaches ,that have a few Cup rings, and now see an endless drought...There's no more fans than the old war horses around here that want to see success...We're all Bomber fans through and through and because opinions differ, that doesn't change things...I'll give this present coach and admin. one more kick at the can....er Cup and if we continue down the same old bloody road of failure to win it all, I think it'll be time to take the bluengold shades off and do some serious reflection  about changes...

Its all well and good to have a love-in about finally winning a playoff game and having better NI talent and a credible quarterback, but the Bombers and the faithful have been waiting along time for a championship- too long actually. How much longer does the current regime have? If Chamblin manages to cobble together a winning team from the wreckage, how much pressure does that put on Walters and O'Shea?

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Its all well and good to have a love-in about finally winning a playoff game and having better NI talent and a credible quarterback, but the Bombers and the faithful have been waiting along time for a championship- too long actually. How much longer does the current regime have? If Chamblin manages to cobble together a winning team from the wreckage, how much pressure does that put on Walters and O'Shea?

Big "If".  What does Chamblin's success or failure have to do with how Miller looks at Walters and O'Shea's record?

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Stability wins in the long run. We got a team that is now pretty deep in a lot of areas, good coaching and a Canadian situation that is arguably the best in the league. These guys have lots of time in my books cause you keep having teams like that you'll win the Cup eventually. Fans put way way too much emphasis on 1990. Yeah it sucks, but just enjoy the ride. 

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Stability wins in the long run. We got a team that is now pretty deep in a lot of areas, good coaching and a Canadian situation that is arguably the best in the league. These guys have lots of time in my books cause you keep having teams like that you'll win the Cup eventually. Fans put way way too much emphasis on 1990. Yeah it sucks, but just enjoy the ride. 

It's not as much fun trying to enjoy the ride when your jalopy keeps krapping out....

19 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

It's not as much fun trying to enjoy the ride when your jalopy keeps krapping out....

Except it's not a jalopy and it's not crapping out, I mean christ, they lost the west final to the eventual winners in a much closer game than the cup game wound up being. 

How is that a jalopy crapping out? 

Stand up and pull your head out of your ass. Please. 

As a season ticket holder, I pay my money to be entertained.  I can count maybe 3 or 4 games in the past 3 seasons when I wasn't entertained, so I feel like I've been getting my money's worth.  Would it have been better if they had won a championship?  Sure, but at the end of the day, it is an entertainment business, and for my money have been very entertaining the last 4-5 years.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Except it's not a jalopy and it's not crapping out, I mean christ, they lost the west final to the eventual winners in a much closer game than the cup game wound up being. 

How is that a jalopy crapping out? 

Stand up and pull your head out of your ass. Please. 

Yer  Right.....the team as a whole is far from a jalopy......... just missing a few horses 

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎09 at 4:53 AM, J5V said:

Here's the thing about that. I was born and raised in Winnipeg and have life-long friends and contacts there. We talk Bombers and CFL all the time. They are a source of Bomber information that you just don't get from the majority of posters here. I've known them all my life. The posters here not so much. I tend to believe them and time generally proves them to be right. They've been following the club longer than most of you have been alive. Does that mean they're right about everything? No, but then neither are the posters here. The biggest difference is that they tend to handle objective/differing viewpoints better. It is what it is. I take it all with a grain of salt.

One of these friends of yours must be the WFC's external auditor.  Otherwise I assume you would never make public accusations that Wade Miller is guilty of fraud and embezzlement.  

8 minutes ago, MC said:

One of these friends of yours must be the WFC's external auditor.  Otherwise I assume you would never make public accusations that Wade Miller is guilty of fraud and embezzlement.  

You know what the real problem is with something like that?  A comment like that leaves Rich open to legal action as well.  Comments like that should not go unanswered.  There's absolutely no excuse for it.

38 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

As it is for everyone here.  Go Bombers !

Ever seen the movie "Talladega Nights"?  You remind me of Ricky Bobby insulting his boss but prefacing it with "with all due respect"  An insult is still an insult.  Just like trolling is still trolling even if you type "Go Bombers !" afterwards.

Edited by WBBFanWest

5 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Ever seen the movie "Talladega Nights"?  You remind me of Ricky Bobbie insulting his boss but prefacing it with "with all due respect"  An insult is still an insult.  Just like trolling is still trolling even if you type "Go Bombers !" afterwards.

No I have not seen "TalledagaNights".   And I believe there is a difference between an insult and a critisizm,  I do not insult the club.  I will critic them from time to time,  as does pretty much everybody in here.

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

3 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

No I have not seen "TalledagaNights".   And I believe there is a difference between an insult and a critisizm,  I do not insult the club.  I will critic them from time to time,  as does pretty much everybody in here.

You compare the Bombers to a broken down jalopy, but ya, you don't insult the club.  With all due respect, you're full of ****. And remember I'm saying that with all due respect.  Go Bombers !